Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tilite tr

Tilite tr

ok I have to brag about the excellent deal I just got as long as it's as nice as it looks. I bought a like new one on ebay, plus it has spox spinergy wheels. It has natural fit rims tho which might not work and no swing away arms but I did want to improve my balance Anyone know if I can rig my quickie 2 arms to it if I need to?

I didn't need to spend the $ but I'm considering it a b day present!
    Last edited by leschinsky; 09-23-2008 at 10:51 PM.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Quote Originally Posted by leschinsky
    ok I have to brag about the excellent deal I just got, as long as it's as nice as it looks. I bought a like new one on ebay, plus it has spox wheels. It has natural fit rims tho which might not work and no swing away arms but I did want to improve my balance Anyone know if I can rig my quickie 2 arms to it if I need to?

I didn't need to spend the $ but I'm considering it a b day present!
    I can't see your wc. I have no arms on my wc and at first I thought I would put them back on but you get used to not having them on, I'm sure it'll be the same for you.

HHHMmmmm guys, she's asking for helpwith a quickie for her b-day??

here it is, it was $750. from an estate sale. I'll lower the back and need side guards. I cannot believe I didn't get to ask the front frame angle, I'm using 85 degrees now I hope it's close!

fishin I expect more than a quickie for my b day

Nice looking chair, ya, I'd say a 85 degree angle nose, thats what mine is and it looks similiar. Not hard to retrofit side guards. there is a little mount that goes on the frame tube and they just slide into it, the plastic or aluminum work fine. Should not be too much money for them. Those wheels are nice too, same ones I have, really like them, very smooth riding and pushing. Looks like a fairly high backrest that should work out good for your level of injury. I think you are going to be comfortable in the chair once you get everything adjusted right for you. Might want to get somebody knowlegable with chairs to it up for you so everything feels good. From looking at the pic, the dump is about how I have my chair, as long as the front end does not feel too light so you have to worry about going over backwards.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Nice chair!

That's a sweet deal!

Nice find. I love finding a deal on ebay/craigslist.

Amazing deal. Just the wheels cost almost as much as you paid for the entire chair.
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
    -Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

It looks like the wheels have the "Natural Fit" wide hand rims like I've got. They are nice but maybe a bit heavier? It's worth it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee
    Nice looking chair, ya, I'd say a 85 degree angle nose, thats what mine is and it looks similiar. Not hard to retrofit side guards. there is a little mount that goes on the frame tube and they just slide into it, the plastic or aluminum work fine. Should not be too much money for them. Those wheels are nice too, same ones I have, really like them, very smooth riding and pushing. Looks like a fairly high backrest that should work out good for your level of injury. I think you are going to be comfortable in the chair once you get everything adjusted right for you. Might want to get somebody knowlegable with chairs to it up for you so everything feels good. From looking at the pic, the dump is about how I have my chair, as long as the front end does not feel too light so you have to worry about going over backwards.
    cool that's what I thought.

The back is too high but it's adjustable. Unfortunately the dump isn't so I'm not sure the chair will work for me, it's at 4.5". But I can always re-sell it if it doesn't work out - minus the wheels

thanks guys for confirming the sweet deal i got, I love bargains! I seem to have good luck this year, what with my $800. uppertone too.

yeah zero they're natural fit, I hope they work for me as I see most quads seem to prefer the pushblacks. I wonder if the weight is similar, anyone know? I saw sci otr modified his natural fits for more control so I may try his retrofit.

eta the casters are 4" volcanic, can anyone recommend them?
    Last edited by leschinsky; 09-28-2008 at 09:34 PM.