Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $11000.00 just appeared in my checking acct.

It's mine, It's MINE! Instead of Skippy, they meant pay to the order of T-e-e-n-a!!! LOL!!!

Teasing...

Hope it is YOURS...

Invest it into Wall Street......

Lol !!

The money is MINE!!!!

It only took thirty five years, but I finally got my service connected 70% disability. Thank God for the VSO here in Eugene. I'm going to send him a bouquet of Budweiser. I'm going to change y location from "in a handbasket" to "in a happy place".

It's mine, mine all mine!!!!

Yay, Skippy!

If you need somebody to make you a list of what to spend it on, let me know...I'm good at shopping...LOL!!!

Take care!

Teena

35 years????!!!!! ohforcryingoutLOUD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skippy13
    Should I catch the next boat to Cuba ? Totally just kidding, don't ream me, please.

It might be mine (Service connected back pay) but I'm not sure till tomorrow. If I have to give it back I will be heartbroken! But till tomorrow, oh the dreams
    Hello Skippy,
    I got a big check years ago to myself as back pay for having been put in for disability after being in the VA Hospital for Physical Rehab. I didn't get any money for a whole year. It came at a good time as I used it for a bid down payment on my first wheelchair van so I didn't have to finance very much so my van payments were quite low compared to what they will be if I ever get another van in place of the one I have now.

Like you & Quadvet say it might be for your veterans disability pension.
    Hope it is & hope you won't have to give it back. You have to watch things closely when your on a veterans disability pension especially when it's non-service connected as it if affected by any other income that you have coming in. If you make over a certain amount & you don't tell or forget to tell the VA they come after you for the money.

Take Care !!!

Quote Originally Posted by RAFS
    . You have to watch things closely when your on a veterans disability pension especially when it's non-service connected as it if affected by any other income that you have coming in. If you make over a certain amount & you don't tell or forget to tell the VA they come after you for the money.

Take Care !!!
    Bob,

I didn't know anyone could collect a non-service related disability pension, has it always been that way? Do you know the thresholds off-hand?

Dave
    Dave

Yes Dave. There is a non service connected pension that any vet can collect. It is based on extreme poverty and is intended for those who are living on like ssi only. It is intended to bring the recipient up to a certain percentage of the poverty level. The details can be found on the VA website under compensation and pension. Compensation (usually for service connection) and pension (usually non service connection) are two different programs.

It took me 35 years to finally get my SC disability only because I kept trying to ignore it. I'd get frustrated and then just walk away from it for a while. But my VSO MADE me do it and follow through this time. I only filed this time in december of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy13
    Yes Dave. There is a non service connected pension that any vet can collect. It is based on extreme poverty and is intended for those who are living on like ssi only. It is intended to bring the recipient up to a certain percentage of the poverty level. The details can be found on the VA website under compensation and pension. Compensation (usually for service connection) and pension (usually non service connection) are two different programs.

It took me 35 years to finally get my SC disability only because I kept trying to ignore it. I'd get frustrated and then just walk away from it for a while. But my VSO MADE me do it and follow through this time. I only filed this time in december of last year.
    Wow. Thats good to know. The VA definitely doesn't make the pension well known. Hopefully those in need will read this and get what they deserve!

Spend yours wisely!!!!

Dave
    Dave