Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LEVO LAE stand up wheelchair for sale

LEVO LAE stand up wheelchair for sale

Levo LAE stand up wheelchair for sale. It is five years old. I used it around the house maybe a couple dozen times. It's never been outside. It works fine and is clean, but I just never found a use for it. It's been sitting in a closet for more than three years.

More info on the LAE can be found here: http://www.levousa.com/levo-lae.html

This is a photo of it from their website:

Retail is $8,595. I will sell it for $4,200. I have no way to ship it, but you're welcome to pick it up in Lansing, MI. If you can think of a way for me to ship it, I am open to the idea. Email me if interested: roth517@hotmail.com

Thanks,
    Scott
    Last edited by Rock517; 09-25-2008 at 08:20 PM.
    6/18/00: T-5 complete

Pictures

Can you post pictures as well as measurements on the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by RJP
    Can you post pictures as well as measurements on the chair.
    Yea, I'll try to get some pics and measure it up in the next couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock517
    Yea, I'll try to get some pics and measure it up in the next couple days.
    You say you have no way of shipping your stand-up manual chair? May I suggest that you contact LASHER SPORT in Alaska & ask them how they ship their chairs that people here in Continental US buy from them. I don't remember his site name but there is a fellow who bought a chair from LASHER SPORT & it was delivered to his house in a big square box. He posted a picture of the box before he unpacked his chair. The only thing I remember there a was a line on the post that said CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY? Pretty sure that's what I remember seeing here on his post here on Care Cure.

Take Care,
    Bob

I wanna see some pics too!
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by RAFS
    You say you have no way of shipping your stand-up manual chair? May I suggest that you contact LASHER SPORT in Alaska & ask them how they ship their chairs that people here in Continental US buy from them. I don't remember his site name but there is a fellow who bought a chair from LASHER SPORT & it was delivered to his house in a big square box. He posted a picture of the box before he unpacked his chair. The only thing I remember there a was a line on the post that said CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY? Pretty sure that's what I remember seeing here on his post here on Care Cure.

Take Care,
    Bob
    Thanks, Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356
    I wanna see some pics too!
    Ok - tomorrow after work I'm going to take pics and get the measurements. Thanks for your interest.

Above are the pics, sorry it took a couple days. As you can see, it works fine. It uses two pistons under the seat to stand you up. The side handles have two trigger pulls each - one clicks the handle up and down to different positions, and the other actuates the pistons.

It is not electrical; when you pull the triggers to release the pistons, you kind of push up on the handle and it stands you up. Once you've pushed up as far as your arms can push, you release the triggers for the pistons. They hold you in place and then you click the handles up a couple more notches to give you leverage to repeat the process. A couple of trigger pulls and pushes and you're standing. To sit, just pull the triggers for the pistons, they release, and you sit. Kind of like closing the hood on a car.

On the seat on the top pic and on the floor on the standing pics is the knee blocker. This goes just below your knees, latches onto the frame, and has a buckle to snap it tight. This obviously keeps your legs from buckling. Also visible is the seat belt that goes around your torso/chest, keeping that stable.

Once you're standing, the posts on either side of the footrest kind of poke into the floor/ground, keeping you from tipping forward (these posts retract when you sit). It has anti-tippers in the rear. There are push/pull brakes for both tires as well.

I'm 6'3" and about 240 lbs and it's very stable when I stand. It's of course wierd at first, but then you realize that between the tippers and the posts you are pretty much totally stable. It'd be hard to tip over. I can use it in the middle of the room, but it seems to be easier to have somewhere to put my hands to help stabilize myself, but that's just me and my paralysis level. If you have trunk control you'd be better off than me.

The measurements for the chair are on the website above. This is an XL model. That's a zipper pouch in front of the seat.
    Last edited by Rock517; 09-25-2008 at 08:17 PM.

Bump. Anyone?