Thread: Welcome to the Health & Science News Forum

Welcome to the Health & Science News Forum

After some discussion, the moderators of this site decided to create this forum in order to provide a place for general health and science news that may be of interest to the spinal cord injury community. This is intended to reduce the number of news stories being posted to the Care and Cure forums. Thanks. Wise.

[This message was edited by Wise Young on Aug 18, 2002 at 08:07 AM.]

Moving some topics

Hello, sorry for all the posts and topic moving that I have made today... I was just going through some news articles in the forums and trying to see what forums were appropriate for the different types of news articles.

Here are my observations

• There are many news articles that may be of interest to the community even though they may not relate directly to spinal cord injury. People have been posting these into the Cure and Care Forums because there was no other place to post them. With the creation of this Health & Science News Forum, I am hoping that it provides a place for people to read and comment on non-SCI related health and science news in one place.
    • The number of non-SCI related news articles in the Cure and Care Forums are detracting from direct questions or issues that are related to Care and Cure of spinal cord injury. Several people have complained. So, I have moved many topics that are non-SCI to this forum, particularly news postings that have not received much of a response or views from people. In most cases, if there were postings in the article, I have left them in place. The Life forum is more about general issues, I have left most topics there and just moved those that have had little or no responding posts.

I apologize if anybody feels that their posts should be left in Cure and Care. Comments are very welcome. It will take a while for a pattern to settle, for people to decide what represents the best Care, Cure, and Life topics. I want to give my heart-felt thanks to Max, Seneca, and many others for their prolific and untiring efforts to bring all the latest news to the community. This should not be viewed as discouraging these efforts to keep the forums as current as possible. It is still the best place for news on internet!

Wise.

[This message was edited by Wise Young on Aug 18, 2002 at 01:58 PM.]

Great job, thank you Dr. Young, the Care forum especially looks a lot "cleaner."

new forum

Wise - Thank you for getting this new forum up and running. As one of the SCI-Nurse team, I do think it will help me/us respond to posts in the Care Forum in a more timely manner as well as discern more quickly those posts that need more immediate attention. CRF

Bill Johnson just agreed to moderate this forum. Wise.