Thread: A few questions about pain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A few questions about pain

I hurt my neck at work a few months ago. I just had this major pain between my shoulders and a huge headache. My pcp wanted me to take OTC pain meds. I asked her if i had percocet could i use them, she said sure. I am guessing i have a syrinx on c5-c-7 area.

My primary doctor gave me a higher dose of percocet. I found that the percocet doesn't touch the headache. Any ideas that can help the constant HA?

Do you working in the neurologal field believe that a syrinx can cause pain if something causes it to be flared up?

I was also wondering if ya'll know of a way that you can support c5-c7? It just hurts to stand, seat, lay down for too long. I feel like my muscle mass in my neck and shoulders are slam and i just want to support that area, it caueses a lot of pain.

Thank you for your time,
    Kiyoka

pain

Hi, I also take opioid pain medication, but it does not help my headache at all. I went to see a neurologist who said I have stress tension headaches and post concussion sensitivity to light. The doctor gave me a drug called fiorcet andd it works wonders for me. But if you use it to often, you will get rebound headaches.

Oh does a neurologist have to rx that type of medication? Thank you so much for your input. I just wonder why a med that helps HA's also gives them. The joys of medicine, i am guessing?

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by kiyoka
    Oh does a neurologist have to rx that type of medication? Thank you so much for your input. I just wonder why a med that helps HA's also gives them. The joys of medicine, i am guessing?

thanks again
    It can happen. I've seen it referred to as disinhibition. There are a number of drugs that can be intended for one use, but wind up having a paradoxical effect.