Thread: 2 questions

2 questions

Hello,

I hope this is the right forum for these questions-I'm new here and couldn't quite figure it out. Anyway:

I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion on how to deal with clothes that need to hang, like blouses and coats. I mean how to have them hang and still be able to reach them. Lowering the rod they're on wouldn't really work. One closet is about 6 feet wide, and the door opening is something like 23", so there are things I just can't reach. My hands & arms aren't strong or steady enough to use a reacher, so that's out. Putting out stuff the night before might or might not help, as I don't know what my energy level will be on any given day-some days jeans and a sweatshirt are all I can manage. My husband will always get stuff for me, but I'd like to not have to ask him, you know? Besides, he's not always here when I'm getting dressed.

The other thing is that I'm wondering if anyone has seen protective guards for doorways and corners. I'm envisioning something like a big flat piece of rubber that would wrap around things and keep them from getting scuffed or chewed up. I have a power chair, and it's quite powerful. I've put more than a few dings and dents in our doorways. Some of them have been major, and our narrow little hallway looks like a war zone.

About that first thing-I don't have an SCI, and I can stand if I have to, but I prefer not to. I don't know that that ability will continue, either.

Thanks!

Shermie, welcome to the forums! Good questions. I'm going to close your topic here, since you posted the same questions in the 'Life' forum; folks can reply to your questions here:

Look here