Thread: spasms

spasms

Hi, I'm a 34 year old c2/3/4 quad. My spasms are getting so bad that I hate to go out in public. The chair or my twisted body hasn't ever bothered me but the spasms are bad especially during my daily routines it takes forever to get my body strapped and becoming very, very difficult for me to handle and I'm becoming very depressed for longer periods of times. Somedays I wish I could get my limbs amputated and I'm scared that I think that way. I've been in a chair for 20 years and have honestly not minded it. I am still with my boyfriend that I was with before my accident and always felt very sexy even after all that's happened but I can't seem to find the same peace with these spasms. I'm afraid that I have a condition that's going to add to my already fortunate challenge that I was given and I'm not sure I can handle more then what I have. Can anyone be truthful and help me cope with this, I'm terrified but want the truth. Anyh help would be appreciated.

HI, Amanda, and welcome; glad you found us.

I'm moving your post over to the Care forum, where it may receive more responses. You can find it here:

http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6796