Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where do you put things?

cheesecake, does your iv pole attach to the bed? or w/c? if you have aa area where you routinely do feedings, a plant hanger on the wall could be an option, they have really nice cast iron , antique-like ones that could hold a plant or mobile at other times. it could blend in in a kitchen, dining room or bedroom. i just recap needles and throw away, we don't have small children around, and since i know we are all hiv and hep c free, i figure the junkies would be lucky to get any needles from this house at the landfill! you could just use a pretty ceramic vase with a cork in the top, you wouldn't be able to cut the needle off. then just throw away in a used food jar when needed.

Lilsister, please do not just throw your syringes in the trash!!! The sanitation worker who get stuck with this has no knowledge of the HIV (or other infectious status) of the user, and will probably have to be tested, go through worry, and may even be put on HIV drugs to treat any possible infection.

If you do not want to use a red sharps box, put your syringes into an empty soda can, or a coffee can with a hole in the lid. Many health care facilities and even pharmacies will provide you with sharps containers for free, and some may even discard them for you as well.

relax, they are contained in a secure container, so my sanitation worker, chris, has no worries.

Actually I'm glad this came up because I've always just recapped Julian's insulin syringes and put them in the trash. Now I know better. So thanks to both of you for the education!

I think I managed to change things around kitchen pretty good, so Bob gets everything he needs (mostly snack, etc.). We have pull out drawers inside our lower cupboards so it's easy for him to look for anything he might need. Most of my cooking things have been removed and put in the higher places (he still can reach some of them with the reacher if he needs anything for cooking).

By the way, our closets are also starting to look like a pharmacy or a drug store... but I don't think we can help that... just shut the door ;-).

http://www.turtlehomes.com/_images/1140FEWC_35_Kit.jpg
    http://www.turtlehomes.com/_images/1140FEWC_14_Kit.jpg
    here's my dream kitchen... for him... ;-)

k