Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ? Re Name of this Forum

Thank you, Lindox.

Appears that our bank is experiencing some widespread problems, we have to write a letter and charges will be removed. That was very good news, now just need to get hubby all better! Hmmm, a new survivor show called "That's Life?"

C'mon, guys, I'd love to head others' opinions!

To tell you the truth Jackie I think "if it ain't broke don't fix it" ... Caregivers seems just right to me except possibly for us spouses...I just don't know what else you would call us...Soul Support??? maybe... a rose by any other name you know....

I think "Caregivers Forum" sounds good and is very straightforward. The only other one I can think of is something like "Caregivers/Loved Ones Forum" or "Caregivers/Family Forum".

Darlene

I'll bring this up with Wise and the other moderators, and see how they feel; my inclination now is to leave it the way it is.

To me, caregiving encompasses so much more than the physical day to day 'ADL' duties; we give care in our emotional support as well.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marmalady:

To me, caregiving encompasses so much more than the physical day to day 'ADL' duties; we give care in our emotional support as well.[/UNQUOTE]

IMHO Caregiving is the proper description. As we go through life, we are all caregivers in one form or another.

Maaaaarrrrrrtttthhhhhaaaaa - Please come back! We miss you!

I have often wondered what category I would fit in since I dont actualy GIVE CARE to my son so felt like I didnt need to go to the Caregiving forum. However, after reading theses posts and thinking about it, if you break the word into two words, care and giver, I care deeply about my son and his wellbeing so that in a sense is a giver of care even though it isnt a physical thing. So, I am going to classify myself as a caregiver.

my vote is to let the name stand, we all know what we are and do. for someone first coming to the site, it is pretty explanatory. i mean also, what does it matter what designation is used? AND i also don't want to take the two seconds it would take to find a different spot, i have enough change in my life right now....whine, whine!