Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "Have you ever been lonely....

That was a long time ago, wasn't it, Obie? I only THOUGHT I had problems back then LOL. It might be easier now since the computers have built-in mics, some ppl have webcams etc.

Do I have to SPEAK English loud? I can't LOL
    TH 12, 43 years post

A place to start....I say lets make it a casual chat and not make it a sticky at first. How about a day of the week, mid-week or is weekend better? Time of day, a.m. or p.m. or evening. There is a six hour difference between Norway and here, keeping in mind times so Bente can join us.

Bente this is not voice chat, we will be keystroking so no fear of speaking English loud. I bet you speak it great though cuz your written word is fabulous.

Thank you to people on CC who says I write nice. Norwegian has much less words than English so I struggle to find the right words many times

Anyway, as you all have understood, I am awake half of the night most of the time especially in the week ends. When I wake up in the morning, you are probely sleeping or at work so then I do other things. I do have a life besides the pc, even if you don't believe me
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe
    Thank you to people on CC who says I write nice. Norwegian has much less words than English so I struggle to find the right words many times

Anyway, as you all have understood, I am awake half of the night most of the time especially in the week ends. When I wake up in the morning, you are probely sleeping or at work so then I do other things. I do have a life besides the pc, even if you don't believe me
    Your english is ok Women ....Mine Sucks after few beers...LOL.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

I think the English written by yourself, adi and Leif is outstanding.

It's the English speakers on here who should (mostly) be ashamed. I have poor French and that's it.

Every year I say I'm going to learn French/Spanish but.......................
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

I would like to learn Spanish too.
    And my German is baaaaad and my French is not understandable

And I mix English and American. Colour - color, liquorice - licorice, neighbour - neighbor.
    TH 12, 43 years post

And I mix English and American. Colour - color, liquorice - licorice, neighbour - neighbor.
    Was so funny for me when I first arrived in USA......i was lucky because i learned spanish ,italian ,german etc.I got a well paid job very quick....
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

I agree with RR I think your English is great Bente .... and you too Adi and Leif !

I'm envious of anyone who can work another language .... I can speak half-assed French and I can swear a little in Ukrainian. My Mom can speak Polish but never taught us as children its one of my biggest regrets in life. My Dad taught me the swearing . If I ever get the opportunity I'm going to take Spanish lessons too. I wonder how well online lessons work !!

Obieoneski
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

I impressed you are aware of the subtle differences between English and American words Bente that's very cool ...... and I forgot I took German in high school for two years .... as I recall it was quite easy to pick up ... I should have continued to pursue it but I was too busy being a know it all teenager !!

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry