Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Have you ever been lonely....

Quote Originally Posted by orangejello
    I hope your week gets better.
    It's better already since Burt came to visit ..... thanks OJ !!

I've been thinking alot about the people dealing with the aftermath of those hurricanes and I realize life could be alot worse for many of us and already is ..... so "onward and upward" as Chris would say. Stay strong everyone!

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Why don't we get a regular online chat session going. Pick a day/time of the week, or bi-weekly (keeping in mind time zones n all) we can meet for a gab session, best we can via the web. Sort of an online coffee clotch where we can vent, moan & laugh while supporting and uplifting each other. Any of you gals game?

Leia

oy, I can't believe your talking winter already. I'm not ready for winter yet. The cold, the snow, the dark evenings. Blah!

Think fun fall days. Pumpkins, scarecrows, hot apple pie, pumpkin bread, beautiful leaves. Okay I'm in my happy place again. Is there anywhere I could live where the season goes right from fall to spring? Well, maybe winter until New years but that's it!!!!

I love the idea of an online chat time, I'm game!

Obione, I am missing the women and children chat we had some years ago.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by Princess "Leia"
    Why don't we get a regular online chat session going. Pick a day/time of the week, or bi-weekly (keeping in mind time zones n all) we can meet for a gab session, best we can via the web. Sort of an online coffee clotch where we can vent, moan & laugh while supporting and uplifting each other. Any of you gals game?

Leia
    I'd sure try to make it!

i'm in .........
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose
    I'm not a caregiver, but I hope it's okay I'm venturing into this thread.

I feel what you're feeling at times, too, Obieone. If I look at my life as though this is how it will be for the duration, I can want to scream, "Let me off this ride. It's not what I bargained for ..."

I cannot know this is how it is. Life may be better. It may be worse. It will almost always be a surprise.

What helps me is to look at the remainder of my life in terms of right this moment, right now. It seems easier to deal in smaller increments than in viewing this free floating amoeba thing in its entirety. I can get overwhelmed otherwise.

Sorry you're feeling the angst. I hope you find solace to see you through.

Maybe I should reflect back the light you always give to others, including me. It's okay to take some of that for yourself, too. It really is.
    Good post Mem. I think we look at life the same way.

Hang in there Obie
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

thought the song was meant...

http://heavens-gates.com/_patsy/haveyoueverbeenlonely/

oopsie, seen it was

Quote Originally Posted by cass
    thought the song was meant...

http://heavens-gates.com/_patsy/haveyoueverbeenlonely/

oopsie, seen it was
    That's okay cass it bears repeating !

I think that it would be fabulous if we could hook up somehow on a regular basis .... or at least try.
    There is the time factor to consider so people like Bente can participate ... so how do we work this??? ... do we just say "Sat night at 10 meet you in chat???" .... I haven't been there in some time can we set up our own room???

Would it work if I made a "Come Let's Chat" thread a sticky ... that way if anyone is in a mood to visit we post there with a shout out for others to join in and we can just do it as the spirit moves us ?????? or do we want to make it a set time????

Obieone
    Last edited by Obieone; 09-20-2008 at 11:05 AM.

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe
    Obione, I am missing the women and children chat we had some years ago.
    Bente I think you are remembering the group private pm thing we did a few years back .... actually that's quite a few years back if we are both thinking about the same thing !! Yes that was good ..... but like most things it can hard to keep up the commitment .... no reason not to try again though!!

Obieone
    Last edited by Obieone; 09-20-2008 at 11:06 AM.

Jane Siberry