Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Have you ever been lonely....

Obie, even though I am not a caregiver, I would like to say that I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling badly at this time.

Also, would like to tell you that we are truly blessed with our caregivers and am sure that Bill is aware how much you all are to us. What would we do without you all? We would be lost without you. You all the rock that gives us strength to keep on going. I recall a teacher in grade school writing the following words in a signature book I had .. "May the wind always be to your back". I hope it always be that way for you.

Hang on in there, this too will pass. My thoughts and prayers will include you. Thank you for being you and God bless you all.

Hugs

Raven

Not Patsy Kline but I came across this tonight Obie. It made me smile and mellow out after a really crappy day (its my favorite song of theirs) and also made me think of you...maybe because of the Manitoba connection. I know you are a fan as well. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Obie, I'm right there with you. Matt's improved as much as he's going to, from his TBI perspective. He's never going to be able to live on his own. Sometimes I feel like the eternal mother, it's never going to end; then I feel guilty for feeling that way.

Thanks everyone ... it always surprises me where these conversations lead!

Amanda the Guess Who and Burton Cummings have a special place in my heart for a number of reasons ...... of course #1 we slow danced to their songs at sock hops when I went to high school .. #2 Burton went to school just down the street from my school and even played some of our school dances before they became rich and famous and #3 he bought my rich cousin the lawyers house a couple years back !

Thanks for stirring up the memories ..... I had such crush on him in those days (still do ) .... it ran a very close second to the one I had on Paul McCartney !!

Obieone
    Last edited by Obieone; 09-17-2008 at 09:11 AM.
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

One more little tidbit .... Randy Bachman graduated from my high school so I think that makes me famous "by association" !!

Obie

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Quote Originally Posted by Obieone
    Bente ..... the days are getting shorter again .... that doesn't help does it??

Obieone
    Doesn't help at all. It is cold and rainy and here everybody has started to preper for Christmas. People are starting more and more early and without family, the Christmas week is shit.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Yep, I live by myself in a big empty house. I have to pay someone to mow my grass. I know what you mean, WFE, my friend, Bente, I sometimes don't get out of bed and I'm lonesome. I just went through the Hurricane Ike and lost all my food. It sucks. But I feel fortunate because I was only out of electricity for two days.
    My only daughter lives in Florida and my son lives here and he is more trouble than anything. Being 51 yrs old don't help.
    But I won't give up and I won't give in to any of it. I'm going to get a dog.
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

It helps with an animal in the house. But today the small cat has destroyed the foot when I was at the PT. And the vet can't come to my house because she has destroyed her foot too and she is the only vet in Oslo making homecalls.
    TH 12, 43 years post

One more for ya Obie. My favorite Burton solo song. A slightly younger (okay, a whole lot lol) version of him than the last video But I don't think he has really changed much. I might have a crush on him too, I admit.

(I couldn't sleep last night and spent most of it watching Guess Who/BTO videos on you tube)

I think, though, he's lip syncing here because it's the studio version of the song and all I see in the video is him and his piano

I hope your week gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by maryonwheels46
    Being 51 yrs old don't help. (I hear that Mary .. 53 here ... but you know what ... I really enjoy not giving so much of a poop about some stuff now ...like I did when I was younger .... I feel a wee bit more fearless ) ......
    But I won't give up and I won't give in to any of it. I'm going to get a dog.
    Mary
    That's a great idea Mary .. no one loves you like a dog or as in OJ's case a fish !!

Let's help each other get through this winter in style ... spring's only 6 meely months away .... we've done it before .... well .... barely !!

Obieone
    Last edited by Obieone; 09-18-2008 at 10:03 AM.

Jane Siberry