Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Radio controlled airplanes/helis/boats/cars?

That heli is looking great Andy,
    I went and bought one of the backup cameras from sams last week and put it on my truck (my regular truck) it works great good monitor and wide view 110 degree, the only problem I see with it will be using it with a 2.4 MHz transmitter because the monitor will grab on to any 2.4 signal it finds it does not have a dedicated signal because when I am driving around it picks up a few security cameras that are using 2.4 wireless, like domino's pizza and the car wash so the monitor just grabs signals so the spectrum radio will just fuzz it out, My FG marder truck is still on the 72mhz so I am going to get one to Put on that next few weeks or so..
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by garyv View Post
    That heli is looking great Andy,

My FG marder truck is still on the 72mhz so I am going to get one to Put on that next few weeks or so..
    Gary
    Thanks. An FPV truck? That should be really cool. I didnt think of that before, might be really interesting...with a lot less risk of crashing.

Screwed around a bit in the nice wind-free warm garage at work Lots of fun flying something I dont care if I crash as well. Today's challenge was doing touch and go's on an elevated platform, with the ground effect off of the platform trying to push the heli away. Best way to do that would be from a forward going descent...the challenge is to get the descent rate right, and hit the target:

(TRex250)

Talking

Wow, this thread took off since I first started it... Cool!

This summer I built my new 40 inch foamy profile, edge 540.... had several issures with my battery letting go, caused one big crash.... but it was really fun, really helped my flying confidence...easy to fly.... over the winter I'm debating about buying a good 40' balsa (Yak or Edge).....

But the heavy wind again this summer convinced me to treat myself to a monster truck! After much deliberation I said fuck it, you only live once, this is your hobby, and fuck, why not?? My injuries already deprived me of doing so many things I once loved... why deny myself this?

So I just ordered the Savage Flux HP!!!

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/104240/

Cost me a lotta $$ by the time I bought my batteries but fuck it, I deserve it.

Now I just gotta figure out how to handle a pistol grip with quad hands... might crazy glue a L shaped extension to the wheel so I can push/pull it without the need to pinch with fingers
    Last edited by RJC; 09-30-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazlo View Post
    Anyone flying planes?
    I am about to

The last time i flew were control line models like the spitfire and fighteer wings 40 years ago, with a friend and his old man.

Because of my sons interest in DIY droid plane i thought i would get back into to them and fond that hardly anyone builds their own plane any more, which is sad

But i plan to as a C5-c6 quad and get into the remotes with my Enya 29 and 40cc

I have also as recommended by the local club purchased realflight G5 to practice on first

This is my favorite rc vehicle. It is an HPI 5T clone. I have added some hop ups since this picture was taken.

dos anyone have pictures of modified remote control equipment eg making the sticks them selves longer and fatter for easy control and how they went about it

Quote Originally Posted by CAS View Post
    dos anyone have pictures of modified remote control equipment eg making the sticks them selves longer and fatter for easy control and how they went about it
    I'm looking into getting a CR 914 which is a remote control sailboat. I'm thinking I'll have to modify the controller, and while I do not know the name, I think the best stuff to modify it with is the plastic stuff that can be molded. It's used by occupational therapists all the time. I remember them making a cuff and molding it around my razor. I think they just heat it up to bend it and it becomes stiff when cooled.

Does anyone know what this plastic is called?
    C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

I just bought a $30 RC heli from Amazon... surprisingly fun for very little $ in comparison to some of the bigger units. It's infrared & indoor-only... it's a sturdy little bugger too... and it won't break stuff if you run it into anything.

http://www.amazon.com/Syma-S107-Gyro...5108443&sr=8-1

about this big:

I got in to RC flying right after my accident 10 years ago and it has been a pretty serious addiction ever since. Other than the cost, I think the hobby is a great match for disabled folks. I've found some really great friends in the hobby over the years and everyone is always willing to help you carry models, start engines, or help pick up the pieces from less than perfect flights.

Quote Originally Posted by bdphil View Post
    I got in to RC flying right after my accident 10 years ago and it has been a pretty serious addiction ever since. Other than the cost, I think the hobby is a great match for disabled folks. I've found some really great friends in the hobby over the years and everyone is always willing to help you carry models, start engines, or help pick up the pieces from less than perfect flights.
    what do u fly?