Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Radio controlled airplanes/helis/boats/cars?

Not really, I just put 3 clicks trim right and 3 clicks back to get a stable hover with it mounted like that. Model helis have ridiculus power to weight ratios compared to the 1:1 version, so you can load it up with stuff. I now have a reason to fly over the rooftops now (bad line of sight in my backyard)...waiting for a nice calm day with a less haphazard camera mounting

Yeh right...goes to show how long it's been since i've played with any RC stuff..last thing i had was a Hornet RC car if i remember right..that was a lot of fun but i think the heli would be great..

Were are most of us buying our stuff online?

Me.... Tower Hobbies.......legit place....other speak up.....have look on the rc forums and boy are there a lot of rip off places.

Other legit places would be nice to know.

Art
    Art

Hey art , I used to use tower hobbies for years and still do every so often when they have a good discount coupon, But I usually try to use Local hobby shops to keep them going but if they do not have it I order on-line very often because the local hobby shops take just as long to get it than I do and I can get better prices on-line anyway.
    Check out a few of the forums and see where they get stuff.
    I have ordered from hobbyking.com they are one of the cheapest out there but some items come from china so it takes a few weeks to get and shipping can be a killer..
    Also tower does not carry better quality kits for helicopters.
    Readyheli.com is great but mostly retail price but they are in florida close to me so it only takes one day for me to get an order.
    Check out http://helifreak.com/ forum most of the subscribers there know where to get best prices and who is legit or not. also http://runryder.com/ does the same..
    Good luck and dont hesitate to post about what you are looking for and we will help..
    Gary
    Last edited by garyv; 10-06-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Gary: Typical C5/6 function..no hand / can pull in but can't push out..such as no triceps etc ..
    Sorry to not get back sooner Bob..
    I have been thinking about your situation just a few more questions..
    How do you steer your chair? joystick or sip and puff?
    What about motor movement in your neck?
    I am just trying to figure out what kind of movement you have to set up a custom control. For instance if you have good neck muscles then mayby a joystick that you can use with your mouth for 2 channels and that would be plenty for a car or offroad truck..
    If you wanted 3 channel setup then 2 channels with your mouth then one on limited arm muscles..
    Still thinking..
    Also very willing to figure something out for you..
    Also where in Australia are you ? What towns are you near and I will post it on a few club forums to see if they can help you locally..
    Bob found a website for Australia clubs looks like a lot of them over there.. http://www.rcdownunder.com/glocation.php
    Gary
    Last edited by garyv; 10-06-2009 at 03:27 PM.

Andy good start on the FPV..
    now just a tx and rx and your off...Also I think I noticed you are using 2.4 ghz TX so you will want to use a 900 mgz or 5.4 mgz tx and rx.
    You probably knew that one already though..
    Gary

Gary...thanks, lol. I definately have to do some research on this...somehow I suspect it is a bit different than 2 zipties and a camera

Art: Heli stuff...I've ordered from HeliDirect, Readyheli, GrandRC, amainhobbies, HobbyKing, flying-hobby, and a couple other Hong Kong shops (get the EMS shipping, 3 days to the US vs. a possible 3 weeks if Customs decides to be lazy). Car stuff: Lots of Hong Kong shopping also, been a while.

Tower Hobbies...Not too fond of them, only at a last resort. They sit on your order for at least 2 days, unless you pay extra for them to not sit on it. Then they use that Mail Innovations crap where it takes 3+ days to get across 1 state, unless you pay for $$$ other shipping. They hit me for state sales tax also, but the other stuff definately shows they are starting to wear out their E-tailer welcome as they are miles behind what other internet shops are doing (at less than full retail $ like Tower), I've heard the same from others.

Gary: Neck is fine & i use a manual chair..thanks very much for all the research you've done..i gave a mate a ring the other night to have a chat about heli & found out he & his brother are right into RC stuff..even better he's just bought a new house & there's a big hobby shop around the corner from him..so he's going to find out all i'll need to know & make sure i can operate whatever i decide to buy..
    once again thanks for your time & trouble Gary..

No problem at all Bob . Hope you can get something rigged up the RC stuff really helps keep your mind going,And really keeps you out of the house a lot..
    Gary

Question quad friendly radio

new to heli's and i want something to fly during the long winter here...

I have no experience flying, would starting with the following be ok:

first and foremost a good radio - can someone recommend a quad friendly multi ch radio?
    a Blade mSR BNF to use with the multi ch radio...
    A good simulator - Phoenix or Realflight?

thx!