Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Radio controlled airplanes/helis/boats/cars?

Swag, how long does the battery last and time it takes to re-charge. Looks like fun. I like the idea of a gyro to see if I could do it or not. Andy, incredible as usual.

Thanks guys.

GG, No need for another AS350...still mucking around with mine. I got some brake line and eventually will build some more-scale skids beyond what's in the kit...no time lately though. I manage to get some flying in, favorites are that 550 JetRanger and the MiniProtos (those DS95's and vbar/360mm's make it fly extremely well)

Rc Helicopter

So I was curious if anyone else had RCs out there... and if so, what??

Those without whom are interested should try it... its actually pretty doable even as a quad. Download a try RealFlight v4 demo for the PC to get an idea of flying planes/helis....

My sons bought me this indoor heli for something to do inside, When my sons were younger we were really into airplanes and still have 8 or so and i have 3-4 i have not put together it was pre park flyer days so we self taught on a dyna flight sail plane with a power pod it took us awhile but we were able to master it i used to build all our planes out of balsa due to cost but have found a site online http://www.sdparkflyers.com/free.html where you can download free plans for foam park flier type and spad.com (simple plastic airplane designs) i have built a spad trainer from their plans which are made out of cheap sign material...

I have a few different ones. Juggernaut 2, Traxxas T-Maxx (piece of trash), Losi XXL and mCP X. The only ones I use are the XXL, and mCP X.

The XXL has a Clockwork Picco .28 racing motor, CF chassis, M2C clutch this thing goes pretty good, checkout the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDEIv...QN65ksKRF-2jd_

The mCP X is a fun little bird inside or out. I can't do any 3D flying yet. Can do it on the sim but not for real. One day.
    Last edited by Jim; 01-10-2012 at 09:48 AM.

videos and info: quadriplegic chin controlled rc trucks

i use an airplane controller DX6i and only need the right stick to gas/brake/turn, it's just like my chin controlled chair, with this controller i just had the guy at the hobby shop switch receivers in my hpi savage xl and my traxxes 4x4 slash so i don't need 2 separate controllers

My 2nd time out with my HPI Savage XL, a few 50 foot jumps, lots of tumbling, a little body damage but nothing broken, if you live near Orange, CA and want to check out our spot let me know, it would be cool to get more people out here

band: HAVE HEART
    song: Dig Somewhere Else

camera: Panasonic HMC150

RC Traxxes Slash 2WD brushless, 4x4 brushless, and ZRT-8 4WD brushles

http://www.youtube.com/user/therclab/videos
    SeanKelleys.com C-3,4 Incomplete Quadriplegic

I'm turning into an addict..... already had a Esky Belt CP V1, Esky Lama v4, HPI Savage Flux, Losi Ten-T (electric conversion) for racing.... then I bougt a Team Associated TC6 for indoor racing... then me and my buddy talked ourselves into building Axial XR10 crawlers which are going to put big holes in our wallets... then a guy from the outdoor race club toldme he was selling his 1/8 Losi 8ight-T v2.0 truggy (electric conversion) so I bought it to be able to run in 2 outdoor classes this summer. lol

RJC, sounds like good stuff. I was eyeing a 8T electric for another speed machine a while back. Those axials caught my eye also. I'll tell ya, batteries for those things sure are getting better and better (and cheaper too). Makes for some intereresting possibilities

Here's my latest creature...a T550 stretched to 700 size. Nothing like something with over 5ft rotor diameter, lol. It'll go into a Bell LongRanger fuselage sometime in the spring once I get some flight time on it outdoors and it isnt winter

Nice!
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Helis are so awesome but hard to fly... best I can do is hover around and move back/forth/left/right with my Belt CP... having trouble getting it balanced and squared away... gotta get a more experienced guy at our local club to trim it out for me....I'd love to have a 600 size electric someday but thats a lotta $ to hove in 1 spot right now. LOL

Lipos are the cats meow imho... no need for gas/nitro unless u like noise & smoke