Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: after effect of hurricane

after effect of hurricane

Well we got the wind, no rain but the wind from Ike whatever the name of it was, but we just got our power back today. We never got anything like it before especially in Indiana.

I'm with you Duge. I've basically lived all my live in Indiana and have never seen anything like this. Normally if we have winds like that, there are tornados around. We were one of the lucky ones with no damage or loss of power. My BIL went to bed last night with power (after the storm was over), but woke up in the dark. They were told their power might not be back until Friday. The winds around here were 70-75 mph. I can't imagine what it was like in Tx with 140 mph. Did you have any damage?
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

we had a storm here but not too bad. High winds knocked a tree over on some guys playing golf Sunday morning. Crsuhed them in their golfcart. That was sad. We don't have a lot of wind here usually.

What is ticking me off is there is no gas in my town. Friday it was around 3.30 Today it's 4.20 if you can find it. None in this town. How come no one has figured out a system for this madness yet?

how is everyone doing after the storm if you need anything i can do just tell me

Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMike
    I'm with you Duge. I've basically lived all my live in Indiana and have never seen anything like this. Normally if we have winds like that, there are tornados around. We were one of the lucky ones with no damage or loss of power. My BIL went to bed last night with power (after the storm was over), but woke up in the dark. They were told their power might not be back until Friday. The winds around here were 70-75 mph. I can't imagine what it was like in Tx with 140 mph. Did you have any damage?

Know excatly what you mean! We didn't have any damage but all around us did. Alot of broken and uprooted trees, seen one cadilac mashed by a tree, They said some of the power would not make it on untill Sat. I can't imagine either how it felt. Just glad we don't live close to the coast

Glad to hear y'all are ok. Good luck finding gas for those who can't find it. I was really surprised that our gas prices jumped 16 cents/gallon on Thursday (day before Ike hit). We started out at 3.49, jumped up to 3.65 and has thankfully been holding steady...but we'll see what happens.

we got hit hard sunday night. winds past 80 mph. they say could be a week , till power is on. i'm running generator for heat and the fridge on and off. the computer and some lights at night. had 2 big trees go over in my yard.
    oh well

Sorry for you all with no power and all the mess to clean up.

Sorry everyone. I hope you get your electricity back soon.
    The reason the gas went up & ran out is because everyone ran out & filled up depleting all the gas.
    So they had to buy more, and it cost them more, now it cost us more.
    They were telling everyone to go slow. Didn't work.

Central Texas (me) was missed. It came straight toward us from Houston then made a sharp turn to the east.

Praying for all of you.

I live near between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. We got a lot of damage from hurricane Gustav. Our lights were out for a week and some people in baton rouge still dont have their lights on.
    We have tons of trees down on our land but at least we will have plenty of firewood for when it gets cold.
    Keep your butt dry!