Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Standing frames.

Originally posted by teesieme:

When it is suggested up to an hour or people go over that, are you standing in the same position for that amount of time without any adjustment or movements of sorts as OMG, I tried it to see how long I could take it, (ab mom) and there is no way my legs wanted to do that for very long! My point, try to keep position/movements natural as heck yeah, I can where it would cause pressure sores, pain, spasms, etc.
    Thus my son took heed and either leans off to a side or lowers himself up or down every so often throughout standing frame time and it has made a significant difference, no spasms and no more knee pain.
    When I stand in my 6000 glider, I don't stay still. I watch TV while standing, and during the show I alternate one leg forward the other back every few minutes, then to a regular stand. Then during the comercials, I work the glider part until my arms get tired.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

LUIGI91377, JUST WONDERING IF YOUR FRIEND STILL HAS THE 6000 GLIDER FOR SALE. IF SO, DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE/SHE IS ASKING FOR IT. I AM A C5-6 WITH USE OF MY ARMS AND HANDS. DO YOU THINK I COULD UTILIZE THE MACHINE AND WOULD BENEFIT...

Willwalk,

As far as i know he still has the glider for sale, however someone has shown interest in to buying it, so i'm not sure what the outcome will be, if you give me your email i'll keep you posted on this matter.
    yes, C5-C6 as long as you can move your arms you will benefit alot from the glider 6000.
    Check out the www.easystand.com
    for more other health benefits
    Luigi.

Originally posted by willwalk:

LUIGI91377, JUST WONDERING IF YOUR FRIEND STILL HAS THE 6000 GLIDER FOR SALE. IF SO, DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE/SHE IS ASKING FOR IT. I AM A C5-6 WITH USE OF MY ARMS AND HANDS. DO YOU THINK I COULD UTILIZE THE MACHINE AND WOULD BENEFIT...[/QUOTE]

every time you fall,
    stand up tall....
    come back for more

LUIGI91377,

PLEASE KEEP ME UPDATED RE 6000 GLIDER. I AM VERY INTERESTED. YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT jdobler@shsi.net THX.

Willwalk

No problem, i'll keep you informed about the 6000 glider wether its sold yet or not as soon as i know it for sure.

Luigi

every time you fall,
    stand up tall....
    come back for more

HELLO LUIGI91377, I JUST KNOW IF YOUR FRIEND STILL HAS THE 6000 GLIDER FOR SALE. IF SO, DO YOU CONECT ME WITH HIM ?. MY E.MAIL IS legarvi@yahoo.com

LeticiaG, Willwalk
    the 6000 glider listed above is in the process of being sold to one of the CC members (his S. name is "offthahook")
    But i believe my friend might have another for sale very soon, let me know if you are interested. luigi913@aol.com
    Talk ty later,
    Luigi .

every time you fall,
    stand up tall....
    come back for more

I want to know if insurance would pay for a standing frame? And if not how (if you don't mind)do you pay for it?

Insurance paid for mine. I had letters from my doc, therapists, and voc. rehab's assitive tech helped get the insurance to pay for it.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

It depends on what kind of coverage you have for DME with your particular insurance.