Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MIL's Surgery Miracle

Ah ..... at last ..... some breathing room ..... and a little light!!

I'm so happy you all finally got a break ....... I wish your mil continued good health !!

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Betheny, Glad to hear the procedure went good!! could have been so much worse!!

Know what you mean, some Dr's are just plain pricks! no bedside manners at all.

Alright MIL!!!! And I'll have to mention the stent procedure to my Dad. He just turned 77 and has probably heard "do you really want to do this at your age" thang. Now, relax and concentrate on making your toes better.

Hugs
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Great news finally! Verrrrry interesting re: the supplemental artery??? How the heck does that work!?!?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Thank God for that!

I'm thrilled for her and you B. I hope this is the start of the huge break all of you are due.

That is fantastic news, Betheny. You must be so relieved, given the number of curve-balls life has been pitching your family of late. Hope she recovers quickly!
    "I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

"It decomposes, mendicant, therefore, truly, one calls this the world." -- Loka Sutta

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    Very good news, Betheny but doesn't your life ever just flow along uneventfully? LOL. Really, it seems one drama/crisis after another for quite a while now.
    Well, my son got arrested last night, and I can't find his car. Does that answer your question??

My life flowed along uneventfully once, for 4 years or so. It was enough of a change from the norm that I recognized it at the time. It was when we had moved half a country away from my parents and brothers, and our kids weren't teenagers yet. My mom had already had her stroke but was fairly happily ensconced in a nice nursing home with her main man, Jesus. We both had good jobs, were harried, overworked, but contented and things were smooth. It was The Golden Era of my life LOL. Then came SCI. And teenagers.

I'm surprised you've forgotten, Juke. I sense you had your share of chaos and drama queens in your early years.

I told my husband that when you're young and in love, there should be a questionnaire to gauge potential chaos in a couple's life together. It could ask about personal or family history of addiction. If the couple has money-management skills, anger issues, mental imbalances, good health. Whether the young couple's parents were still married to each other. If not, had the divorce been amicable or a big gory drama-fest? (See, I would have never been allowed to marry if there were a test like this, my family is so strife-filled on every level. I hate it. I escaped it when I moved to TX...but then I got teenagers. Son inherited the chaos gene in spades)

One of the questions should be if a couple's parents are roughly the same age, as my husband's and mine are. Looked at logically, it figures that some year all the shit will hit the fan at once, parent-wise. It certainly has for us! It's been cancer this and MRSA that, now the AAA, for about 2 years now.

So, short answer...no. LOL, my life has too many ppl in it to flow along uneventfully. But just now I'm home alone, it is raining, and it is bliss. My son can't get in much trouble where he is (and where he's staying for a while, I don't feel inclined to bail him out.) MIL sounds great on the phone. It's that rarest of things-a moment of peace!

And thank you to all, for appreciating what a miracle this little unexpected bonus with my MIL is. I feel so incredibly blessed. I'm glowing. You grow accustomed to expecting the worst, and getting slapped upside with the unexpected. I so didn't see the simple little resolution coming, at all!

Fishin' guy, if you talk to the Vet, tell him I hold him in high regard as well, and hope he's back home with his pups asap!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukie
    C'mon Bobby, if you can't/didn't get it from the post, I wasn't saying the, " but it isn't really my fault." part you attribute. You're way too smart to miss that I'd know where this is really coming from.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rdf
    Maybe when speaking about selling her virginity, she's talking about rear-entry - which very well may be virgin territory.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    Bobby, I think you may have revealed your true bent.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...=106794&page=4

No biggie though.
    My old grandpappy, Navy veteran that he was, used to tell me when I was a wee laddie, "Any port in a storm, bobby, any port in a storm."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukie
    No biggie though.
    I wholeheartedly agree, smaller and tighter is always better in these stormy circumstances
    Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    Well, my son got arrested last night, and I can't find his car. Does that answer your question??
    Sorry to hear that miss betheny. But I agree sometimes it's best to leave them in the pokey for a day or three, at least you know where they are, they're getting fed, and are relatively safe, considering the jail in question. I remember many a time getting hammered and waking up at home or in jail, without a clue as to where my car was. Went through the same with my boys, but I'm a softie and couldn't leave them in jail.

Thank god we never killed anybody, and finally grew out of it (the driving drunk part, we still like to occasionally get hammered )

I hope they turn him loose soon, or you bail him out after a bit. Moms usually come around with a few tugs on the heartstrings, especially when delivered from the payphone hangin' on the wall of the jail cell
    Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    And thank you to all, for appreciating what a miracle this little unexpected bonus with my MIL is. I feel so incredibly blessed. I'm glowing. You grow accustomed to expecting the worst, and getting slapped upside with the unexpected. I so didn't see the simple little resolution coming, at all!
    These kinds of moments make it all worth the hassle betheny, I'm glad you got to glow, at least for the moment - but glow again you surely will (you can see it in your smile)

But most important is your mother in law, the topic of this thread, and how wonderful such news must be to you and your whole family. Chalk one up for us mortals, we do beat back the reaper now and again. And I'm sure it has made others feel emboldened to deal with pressing medical problems that need attention, but which they find hard to address for various reasons.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

I'm sorry to hear about last night's oh no. Was it Jake or Justin? Bonded out or still in? Car?

Sending good mojo to you along with a hug.