Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hurricane ike

hurricane ike

to any of those staying to ride out hurricane ike, be safe. we live about 50 miles s/sw of houston ( about 1 1/2 hours from galveston and about an hour from freeport) and as of right now are told to expect hurricane winds. we've decided to stay. hopefully it won't be too bad.

Good Luck!
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Good thoughts are with you all!

Stay dry and safe,
    Leia

Good luck smrfg, at least with current track, you are on the west of it. small consideration.

My m-i-l lives on the west side of Houston, stubborn ol' broad won't leave. Her neighborhood is on high ground so no flooding for her, but no doubt gonna lose elec and be miserable. Hope we can stay in touch with her.

Looks like DFW isn't gonna get much now.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

thanks guys...i'm outta here for now. gonna head home (had to come into work this morning) and start putting away all the loose things in yard.

Good luck to all of you on the Gulf coast. Be safe and leave if you need to.

Take care all of you, I hope I never see a hurricane.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Be safe.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Sometimes these veer a bit and hit the King Ranch, basically the space between Houston and Corpus Christi. Once we were braced for a biggie, and instead 2 cows died. Here's hoping Ike does that!

Somebody connected to CNN (was flipping channels and didn't hear who it was) reporting from the scene said that they had talked to folks in wheelchairs who claimed to be on the special needs registry of a tidal surge threatened community (Galveston?) who said they had been forgotten and could not contact any help. Frightening situation. I know the Keys do a good job helping people who need help, but the numbers are much smaller. I get the impression that the part of the Gulf Coast that is threatened is struggling to deal with the numbers of folks under threat.

Okay, they just repeated. Galveston is the place. The Huston Chronicle is the source they are quoting. Probably an on-scene reporter?
    Last edited by Foolish Old; 09-13-2008 at 02:41 PM.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg