Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What has notably reduced y o u r nerve pain?

good grass during the day and 75mg of Elavil an hour before I crash

Quote Originally Posted by Regine
    Thanks for the marijuana tincture recipe. Is anyone noticing a difference between the real stuff and the synthetic one (here in Germany I think it's called Dronabinol). The last one didn't help me, but maybe I should try the real thing. Woman from Europe: how is the Clomazepam? Does it have a lot of side effects? And: the idea of yoga, breathing and mantras seems promising. Doing some kind of exercises will also give you the feeling, that you have influence on the pain, I suspect.

i tried something called Marinol, which is a synthetic cannabinoid. nada.

maybe if i hadn't partook of the genuine article in my younger years i would have found it different...

i hear very good things about Sativex, however. it's an actual extract of cannabis, not a molecule created in a lab to bind to the same receptors.

go with the real deal! why on earth spend the time/money creating a synthetic for something that is already abundant in nature and VERY effective?

i don't get it

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Daleb
    why on earth spend the time/money creating a synthetic for something that is already abundant in nature and VERY effective?

i don't get it
    Try asking the big pharma conmpanies.

Quote Originally Posted by David Berg
    Try asking the big pharma conmpanies.

amen to that.

i don't know what to say...it makes me sick.

don't ya wish the people with the issues were the priority, not those trying to get our money?

it's the hot tub for me 2nite. it's the best i can do right now.

until they figure a way to put it into a pill, sell it to me, then ban hot tubs for being 'dangerous' or some such non sense.

heaven forbid i address my issues on my own, without lining someone's pocket in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Daleb
    i tried something called Marinol, which is a synthetic cannabinoid. nada.

maybe if i hadn't partook of the genuine article in my younger years i would have found it different...

i hear very good things about Sativex, however. it's an actual extract of cannabis, not a molecule created in a lab to bind to the same receptors.

go with the real deal! why on earth spend the time/money creating a synthetic for something that is already abundant in nature and VERY effective?

i don't get it
    My Weekend girl went to the 'Compassion Center' today and picked up goodies- she brought over some marinol pills (and sno caps) but they gave me the willies. I was scared to partake, but you said they had little effect on you?

Nowadays with so much time on my hands I could feasibly wakenbake and waste away my day in a stoney buzz, but I am so afraid of building up an expensive tolerance and becoming and absolute waste of space that you guys would laugh if you knew what a cheap date I am.
    Last edited by feisty; 09-13-2008 at 10:44 PM.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Regine
    Woman from Europe: how is the Clomazepam? Does it have a lot of side effects?
    In the beginning I got sleepy and had hangover every morning. I only take at night. Now I don't even get a little drowsy. I don't eat a big dose though. It is a medication for epilepsy and another side effect is that it is keeping your mood ok. They often give it to people who is bipolare but they eat a smaller dose then the people who gets it for nervepain.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by feisty
    My Weekend girl went to the 'Compassion Center' today and picked up goodies- she brought over some marinol pills (and sno caps) but they gave me the willies. I was scared to partake, but you said they had little effect on you?

Nowadays with so much time on my hands I could feasibly wakenbake and waste away my day in a stoney buzz, but I am so afraid of building up an expensive tolerance and becoming and absolute waste of space that you guys would laugh if you knew what a cheap date I am.
    ahhhh...the wake-n-bake...i remember those days, barely

i got to a point in undergrad where if i didn't wake-n-bake i was useless. the psychological dependency was so strong i was a nervous wreck otherwise. i still made dean's list, tho.

that was sucky...really felt guilty, spiritually and otherwise. glad those days are far behind me. dependency, psych or phys, is not a good state of being, IMO.

marinol was really dirty feeling. the side effects were very much like an alcohol hang over. and the effect of the drug itself left me feeling slow and drugged...kinda like valium.

i did not metabolize it well, at all.

Dissipate the alcohol

I recently made a tincture as described using Everclear. 3 Drops in a glass of cold gatoraid and I was "plastered" for over an hour. Assuming it was the Everclear, what's the easiest way to safely dissipate the alcohol? Can't stand coffee, plan on putting a few drops in some kind of hot tea (I assume the heat will evaporate off some of the alcohol?). But, don't want to destroy any of the cannaboids.

Quote Originally Posted by Fubar
    MARIJUANA!! I am a T12-L1 Incomplete Paraplegic and I have had chronic nerve pain and muscle spasms since my injury. I've tried Oxy Contin, Hrdyomorph Contin, Fentynol, Morphine, Flexeril, Gabapentin, Neurotin, Baclofen, Atavan, Diazepam etc. etc. and nothing really worked but I spoke with my Pysiatrist at rehab and she said that more than 75% of patients use Marijuana for pain and they all swear by it. So I tried it and I have found that you don't need to smoke it to feel the effects.

How to make a Tincture

Preparing a tincture with vodka can be used topically, sublingually or internally. Tincture Recipe
    You will need:
    Glass jar- 1 quart mason jar is ideal but any size will do.
    3 parts ground marijuana. Leaf bud or shake.
    4 parts high proof alcohol. Everclear or Vodka. (using 94% Alcohol is best)
    To make Tincture:
    Fill jar ¾ full of herb
    Fill rest of jar with alcohol; leave some room at top stir.
    Shake jar one or two times a day for 2 weeks. Strain through metal tea strainer or silkscreen.

You can put 2-10 drops in your coffee, tea, coke, water, milk (might taste gross), wait a few minutes for the alcohol to disapate and then just chug'er back or slowly however you'd like.

Here is a good link on other ways to take marijuana..

http://www.wamm.org/howtouse.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    Who knows for sure? That's what it sounds like though, if the cord is recovering, one might expect less nerve pain, and returning ability to feel other sources of pain in the body.

As an aside, that's one concern of mine regarding a cure treatment. I suspect the lower half of my body is producing a hell of a lot of chronic pain. If my ability to feel that pain is returned, without corresponding return in function, I could be worse off than before! I guess I'll worry about that when a treatment is actually available.
    When I was on 4-AP for years I traded neuro pain for arthritis pain. Much easier to manage. And yea, my neuro pain went way down where my sensation and movement is more normal.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    Each person is diffrent regine ...after few beers i sleep like a baby and the spasms ,pain decrease for few hrs.
    Did you quit smoking? Cigs give you blasts of acetylcholine.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.