Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What has notably reduced y o u r nerve pain?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What has notably reduced y o u r nerve pain?

My nerve pain has gotten so bad lately that I don't know what to do any more. I thought if I get your input what has really helped you I could get some ideas where to turn next. Most things you all write about are a "maybe" or "taking the edge of". I mean, please write about things that brought a breakthrough for you, getting you your life back instead of being tortured by pain all the time. It could be anything from medication to meditation, from surgery to energy work. I am curious...

Yoga.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321
    Yoga.
    Times two.

I've tried alcohol. It doesn't work well for me. Why do you think yoga works? Is this the "mind over matter" kind of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Regine
    I've tried alcohol. It doesn't work well for me. Why do you think yoga works? Is this the "mind over matter" kind of thing?
    A few years ago, the two labs in Chicago and Denver demonstrated that clinically relevant concentrations of inhaled anesthetics and alcohol enhanced the effects of a neurotransmitter called GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) and its close relative, glycine.
    Unlike "excitatory" neurotransmitters such as glutamate or acetylcholine, which convey signals from nerve to nerve, GABA is an "inhibitory" neurotransmitter. It blocks signals by preventing nerve cells from sending messages upstream to the brain. GABA is the most important inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain; glycine plays a major role in the lower brain stem and spinal cord.
    http://chronicle.uchicago.edu/970925/alcohol.shtml
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Regine
    Tad more but different breathing promotes different effects.
    as a complete quad I'm not doin' any of the postions where my legs are wrapped around my head, but my instructor has adapted poses for me.
    Reciting "healing" mantras too.(you can find a slew on the Net or youtube)

I am far from a health nut, but yoga has literally saved my ass. Mantras help w/ NYC cab drivers too!
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Nothing. Time increases mine, which I hope doesn't happen with you or anyone else.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Clonazepam
    TH 12, 43 years post

heat and jack daniels

Exercise
    Glass of red wine

No drug I tried had any kind of significant effect so I stopped all medication, but I reckon I am lucky that my pain is not unbearable.