Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What has notably reduced y o u r nerve pain?

What has notably reduced y o u r nerve pain?

My nerve pain has gotten so bad lately that I don't know what to do any more. I thought if I get your input what has really helped you I could get some ideas where to turn next. Most things you all write about are a "maybe" or "taking the edge of". I mean, please write about things that brought a breakthrough for you, getting you your life back instead of being tortured by pain all the time. It could be anything from medication to meditation, from surgery to energy work. I am curious...

Yoga.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Nothing. Time increases mine, which I hope doesn't happen with you or anyone else.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Clonazepam
    TH 12, 43 years post

heat and jack daniels

Exercise
    Glass of red wine

No drug I tried had any kind of significant effect so I stopped all medication, but I reckon I am lucky that my pain is not unbearable.

I used to have horrific neuro pain, back when I was in the hospital, and I continued to have that pain when I got out. However, when my neuro pain just gradually lessened in its severity, so one day I just quit taking my Gabapentin. I then began taking it as needed, and now I rarely get neuro pain. Don't know why this happened, but my back pain got worse when the neuro pain went away.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderDerek
    I used to have horrific neuro pain, back when I was in the hospital, and I continued to have that pain when I got out. However, when my neuro pain just gradually lessened in its severity, so one day I just quit taking my Gabapentin. I then began taking it as needed, and now I rarely get neuro pain. Don't know why this happened, but my back pain got worse when the neuro pain went away.
    Sounds like you experienced some return of natural sensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    Sounds like you experienced some return of natural sensation.
    Is that why it stopped?

For the last couple of months, I have been sleeping at a 5 degree angle - head end of my bed raised 6" - and have noticed of late a significant lessening of the severity of my spasms/lightning pains that are caused from arachnoiditis in the T4 - T6 region, and probably because of the mild natural traction that his position places me in.

It really hit home how much difference it was making when I wasn't able to sleep that way for a few days, and the spasms and lightning pains escalated.

When I first started sleeping this way, I was told not to expect much change for 4 - 8 months, so I am delighted to find an improvement in only two months, and hope for further improvements to come.

I've noticed several other benefits, but one in particular that could be related to compression damage in my lower back, is that I've not experienced any sciatica in my right leg since doing this, and the circulation in both legs has improved. My legs, especially my feet, now feel much warmer, whereas before my feet especially were invariably freezing cold, even in summer. In fact, I've been known to get chilblains on a couple of toes at the most unlikely times of the year in the past.