Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What has notably reduced y o u r nerve pain?

Quote Originally Posted by Danine
    I think it's good to hit it from a variety of angles. I have nerve pain, muscle pain and spasms, and arthritic pain from severe, multi-level degenerative disc disease. For arthritic-like pain, I use Ultram as needed. For nerve pain, I use Neurontin (Gabapentin) 600mgs twice/day. I'm "supposed" to take 1800 mgs/day, but Neurontin makes me stupid and I take just enough to "take the edge off" for the sake of preserving a little bit of meaningful brain function For muscle pain and spasms, I take either Flexeril or Zanaflex at bedtime so that I can get a decent night's sleep.
    I agree, I just hated the extended hours of brain numbness neurontin gave me, I slowly ramped down and switched to topamax right at bedtime and excercise in the morning, with 'the pot' in the late late evenings to ease the burn when I just can't block it out anymore.
    Swimming sometimes helps--especially with the arthritic pain--and I also have a TENS unit which I can't say enough good things about. I'm actually hooked up right now. Today has been a particularly bad pain day.
    swimming was excellent for joint pain and achiness, I wish I could do it more often but I found that there was so much setup for so little pool time.
    Also, I don't want to hijack the thread, but for those of you who use medicinal marajuana, do you know if there are legal ways to get this in the USA? If so, who would I need to talk to--I live on the East Coast, so the clinics in CA would not be an option for me? I'm willing to try almost anything at this point. I've lived with this for 15 months now (I know that's nothing compared to many of you) but I'm already weary of dealing with the pain. Thanks. (Feel free to PM me, so that we don't hijack the thread).
    nope, no legal ways outside of the clubs that I know of, other than the clubs, and it sucks, I know!
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by feisty
    nope, no legal ways outside of the clubs that I know of, other than the clubs, and it sucks, I know!
    Found this website. Thought others might be interested.

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/v...resourceID=881

Quote Originally Posted by Danine
    Also, I don't want to hijack the thread, but for those of you who use medicinal marajuana, do you know if there are legal ways to get this in the USA? If so, who would I need to talk to--I live on the East Coast, so the clinics in CA would not be an option for me? I'm willing to try almost anything at this point. I've lived with this for 15 months now (I know that's nothing compared to many of you) but I'm already weary of dealing with the pain. Thanks. (Feel free to PM me, so that we don't hijack the thread).

I don't know if it legal but when I was in British Columbia this summer I went to a compassion center and there I learned of a Compassion Center in Washington. I can get you details, I just have to look around for the paper. All we need is to get these huge pharmaceutical companies to not bitch if Marijuana was legal for medicinal purposes. I've tried Morphine, Hydromorph Contin, Oxy Contin, Oxy Codone, Fentynol, Flexeril, Lorazepam, Lyrica, and a few others and Nothing works as well as Marijauana. At least in the sense that I am able to function during the day without wanting to veg infront of the tv. You have to know which strain of Marijuana to smoke during the day and which to smoke at night. Sativa during the day and Indica at night.