Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: SCI Physician board certification: USA

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by julieshrive View Post
    When are they coming to the uk? Maybe via the fibro groups and or pain clinics ? ?
    There are already physiatrists in the UK, and much of the rest of the world as well, but they are rarely members of the AMERICAN Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation unless they did their training in the USA. There are a significantly smaller number of physiatrists per population in England though than in the USA or even other parts of Europe.

    Here is the website for their professional association:


  2. #12
    Updating the links above:

    For physiatrists in the USA:

    and for those board certified in Spinal Cord Injury Medicine:

    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 11-13-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Similar Threads

  1. I'm In shock!
    By sherry38 in forum Life
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 04:33 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2003, 02:08 PM
  3. relationship re:SCI & thyroid
    By franroty in forum Care
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-02-2001, 08:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts