Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there any major contributors for SCI research that donate for cure research?

Are there any major contributors for SCI research that donate for cure research?

I'm curious if there are any companies out there who donate a small percentage of their profits to SCI research. I want to know if lets say you buy a snicker bar, do they give like a few cents of every bar sold to a certain charity? I mean I know snicker doesn't but that was just an example. I just want to know since funding is such an important part of research, what small part I can do to make sure my dollars are going to the right place. Is there any certain company that wants to help by doing that? It's just something that is on my mind because everything I can do to help counts. If anyone knows of any such organizations please post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    I'm curious if there are any companies out there who donate a small percentage of their profits to SCI research. I want to know if lets say you buy a snicker bar, do they give like a few cents of every bar sold to a certain charity? I mean I know snicker doesn't but that was just an example. I just want to know since funding is such an important part of research, what small part I can do to make sure my dollars are going to the right place. Is there any certain company that wants to help by doing that? It's just something that is on my mind because everything I can do to help counts. If anyone knows of any such organizations please post it.
    Redbull comes to mind VIA www.wingsforlife.com
    Last edited by eks; 09-09-2008 at 07:10 PM.
    ______
    Awe at my magnificent coq!

"You may say I'm a dreamer
    but I'm not" - J. Lennon

interesting. thanks eks.

companies involved in the fight against breast cancer bear a pink ribbon to let consumers know that a portion of the proceeds will go to the susan g. komen breast cancer research foundation. their list of corporate sponsors and partners is impressive. this would be an interesting area to pursue. wonder if any medical supply companies donate a percentage of their revenue to sci research?

Is there a symbol that signifies the fight against SCI? If not I think there should be. If there isn't that shows we aren't too organized to go into battle to fight this thing. There should be a point where we start to organize ourselves to get ready to take this thing by storm. I don't know if there is or isn't but cancer ain't messin around, they got symbols that express what it stands for, and so does aids, its constantly in our face to remind us that a fight is in progress so we don't forget or put it on a back burner. We should take a stand and have a symbol to say, you know what we're here and standing up and aren't getting put on a back burner.

. We should take a stand and have a symbol to say, you know what we're here and standing up and aren't getting put on a back burner.
    Good point. People remember good logos. A broken ribbon?

I been thinkin all night, I think since Christopher Reeves was so well known as a SCI patient and advocate, the Superman logo should somehow be affiliated with SCI research but I wouldn't know how to trademark that since its already world wide known to belong to the movie. I know that they have rights to it but would they be willing to give that up to be a nationally known symbol for SCI? I'm going to check into it.

Brilliant idea!! (but I would be surprised if it hasn't been tried without luck - but don't let me discourage you - the idea is great)

Thanks Top, the encouragement is what I need to keep pushing forward!

I been thinkin all night, I think since Christopher Reeves was so well known as a SCI patient and advocate, the Superman logo should somehow be affiliated with SCI research but I wouldn't know how to trademark that since its already world wide known to belong to the movie. I know that they have rights to it but would they be willing to give that up to be a nationally known symbol for SCI? I'm going to check into it.
    superman logo in wchair ?
    http://www.facebook.com/ivicamaotze.rod

I'm thinking maybe Han, had something like this, in mind:

URVIVOR