Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: air or solid tires , no comparison solid for sure

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

air or solid tires , no comparison solid for sure

i just put my old set of pneumatic tires on my chair . it didnt take me but a day to figure out why anyone would have air over solid tires. i use mako solids . you never have to worry about low air or flats .
    so if you have air . do yourself a big favor and get a set of solid tires . sportaid sells a set for $42 dollars and they last 3yrs plus .

Where do I find 26"ers though.......

Dave
    Dave

Glad you found what works best for you! I'm always in gravel and vastly perfer air.
    Andrew

so if you are on gravel you use the off road tire , do you use green slime to seal your air tires . i love this stuff .
    i think mako makes 26 solids . i have 24 spinergys , man spinergys make life easier and they look good . if your going to be in a chair get a good titanium and get a set of spinergys and a jay extreme back or a variltie if your a quad . ive got a quickie ti its 5yrs old still in excellent condition and the frame has a lifetime warranty

shox makes a 26 in solid tire on sportaid

Quote Originally Posted by hodad123
    shox makes a 26 in solid tire on sportaid
    Thanks! I'll take a look at those. I couldn't find a true 590mm in a Mako.

Dave
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Herco16
    Thanks! I'll take a look at those. I couldn't find a true 590mm in a Mako.

Dave

i'm not sure they make a 'true' anything...i think their 540 and 559 is the same tire, just streeeeetched a bit more when put on.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Be warned, the solids don't roll as nice. I think its ause they dont give like air tires

i agree the feel is hard but i hate doing all the maintenance on air , i really dont think its that bad . i know how bad it is when your out with friends and you have a flat . no worries with solids .

The young lady I had in rehab did a great job in assesing my needs in a chair. She knew I'd be active, outdoors camping, fishing , so went with solids and I think they're great. No worries ay all, I'd hate to have to worry about wheels too! Like we don't have enuf to woory about.