Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: foolish's turn to evacuate?

Thanks again friends. I'm sure it was all the good thoughts that have caused Ike to spare us. This is still a dangerous storm, and I don't discount the many ways that it can still hurt us. The most dangerous of these in my mind is that conditions will be favorable for tornadoes to develop. Still, compared to two days ago, when a direct hit from a cat four hurricane was being predicted with a high degree of confidence, I am giddy with relief.

The turd in the Punch bowl at this party is that Cuba is getting pounded and Ike may threaten the Gulf Coast as a major hurricane. To all our friends there, please don't allow Gustav fatigue to make you cut corners or take unwise risks with Ike. Stay safe.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff
    Just read on yahoo news that the Keys evac had been cancelled. But most oldtimers said they weren't going anywhere anyway.

Glad it sounds like you'll only get a smattering of Ike as he rolls by, F_O.
    does that mean God likes gays after all?

Absolutely! All 70,000,000 of us gay Keys residents and the 25,000 gay tourists were spared because God loves gays. In fact, I'm starting to think she is a lesbian. BTW, are you seeing anybody? I'm sure that one of the Keys gay commercial fishermen would love to rock your world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley
    does that mean God likes gays after all?
    Foolish

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old
    Absolutely! All 70,000,000 of us gay Keys residents and the 25,000 gay tourists were spared because God loves gays. In fact, I'm starting to think she is a lesbian. BTW, are you seeing anybody? I'm sure that one of the Keys gay commercial fishermen would love to rock your world.
    Glad you're safe Foolish, wouldn't want you to miss the butt-whoopin' the Eagles are gonna get come a week from now Unless that Lesbian God Lady is an Eagles' fan, then I might have to eat my words. But I wouldn't mind that if Satan is also a lesbian, a Bad Girl lesbian with dark red lipstick, and is a Cowboys' fan, and she and the godly lesbian decide to fight it out after the game, wearing nothing but fig leaf thongs - to the sure benefit of all mortal men, straight or gay, no matter what NFL team they root for
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

God has no love for the Cowboys - it's in the bible. Y'all have no chance. Kristi is going to the game. You know how Romo tanks when hot girls are in the stands.

Beyond the levity, let's not forget that Ike has killed people and is threatening many more. Please remember to keep them in your thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdf
    Glad you're safe Foolish, wouldn't want you to miss the butt-whoopin' the Eagles are gonna get come a week from now Unless that Lesbian God Lady is an Eagles' fan, then I might have to eat my words. But I wouldn't mind that if Satan is also a lesbian, a Bad Girl lesbian with dark red lipstick, and is a Cowboys' fan, and she and the godly lesbian decide to fight it out after the game, wearing nothing but fig leaf thongs - to the sure benefit of all mortal men, straight or gay, no matter what NFL team they root for
    Foolish

Glad you're safe and high....above the seas. Plus it gives a helluva excuse to party into the wee hours, as evidence by your earlier emails

Me thinks we have yet to see the wrath of Ike.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye
    Glad you're safe and high....above the seas. Plus it gives a helluva excuse to party into the wee hours, as evidence by your earlier emails

Me thinks we have yet to see the wrath of Ike.
    Thanks, DE. The party's over for this old fool in relation to Ike. I'm looking forward to a little Rest and Recovery. Right at the moment I'm trying to invent a cure using rum, ice, Key limes, club soda, with a splash of cola. There's a double header Monday Night Football. I have power. Life on the couch is good tonight.

Ike did a lot of harm before ever reaching Cuba. Let's hope his death toll gets no larger.
    Foolish

Glad to hear you in good spirits FO.
    Just tell that bitch not to send any more rain up here!

btw. wanna give a shout out to the other Fla. folk out there - SoFla, ala, Brad D, Princess Leia, garvy, Polette, and others who are there. Be well!

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old
    God has no love for the Cowboys - it's in the bible. Y'all have no chance. Kristi is going to the game. You know how Romo tanks when hot girls are in the stands.

Beyond the levity, let's not forget that Ike has killed people and is threatening many more. Please remember to keep them in your thoughts.
    One can't forget the deaths and destruction, Foolish, if they consider themselves human - whether people believe in a god or not, it shouldn't be a factor to any man or woman when empathy for all of humanity's suffering can be given, and shared, for those gone, and those wounded remaining who look at us with thousand yard stares, so shocked that tears have yet to come into their eyes. I think about such tragedy in the world most every day, and can only wonder why it is so arbitrary, and even wonder why I remain somewhat relatively unscathed. The world isn't fair nor safe, and those who die from storms and fires and earthquakes and floods and murder and whatall else afflicts much of mankind daily, I can only wish they have gone to somewhere where the seas are calm, the offshore wind is 3mph, and the sun shines the way each person dreams is the most perfect...and smiles are worn as easily as an old favorite tshirt.

I'm glad you're safe Foolish.

As to Kristi, Romo will be ok. She'll be eyeing Witten all night
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Thanks Chick. Nice to hear from you. I join you in your shout to the mainland Floridians, they rock! Why not plan to come to our gathering?
    Quote Originally Posted by chick
    Glad to hear you in good spirits FO.
    Just tell that bitch not to send any more rain up here!

btw. wanna give a shout out to the other Fla. folk out there - SoFla, ala, Brad D, Princess Leia, garvy, Polette, and others who are there. Be well!
    Foolish