Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: foolish's turn to evacuate?

foolish's turn to evacuate?

NYT cover is showing Key West hospital packing up their patients in anticipation on Ike

Wesley, I had just checked Ike's projected path and wondered the same. Key West airport is due to close to 7 p.m.

Anyone heard from unFoolishO? If he's riding it out he's likely busy boarding and stocking up.

He said he would leave with the evacuation order. I suspect he is on the road now.

Howdy folks! Just got back from my favorite bar where I watched my Philadelphia Eagles defeat the Saint Louis Rams. Yeah! That was some comfort after yesterday watching my college team, 8th ranked West Virginia, get spanked by the unranked Pirates of East Carolina.

The first bands of Ike are just hitting as mild thunderstorms. We have a knife's edge situation with the possibility of the worst of the hurricane passing to the south of us. I finished storm prep yesterday, and spent last night engaging in more frivolous pursuits. Didn't get any sleep, but sure had fun.

Anyway, I will wait to see what the 5:00 am update has to say. If conditions warrant, I'm out of here early tomorrow.

Wish me luck, but save some for yourselves.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

GO BIRDS!

Be safe FO!

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old
    Howdy folks! Just got back from my favorite bar where I watched my Philadelphia Eagles defeat the Saint Louis Rams. Yeah! That was some comfort after yesterday watching my college team, 8th ranked West Virginia, get spanked by the unranked Pirates of East Carolina.

The first bands of Ike are just hitting as mild thunderstorms. We have a knife's edge situation with the possibility of the worst of the hurricane passing to the south of us. I finished storm prep yesterday, and spent last night engaging in more frivolous pursuits. Didn't get any sleep, but sure had fun.

Anyway, I will wait to see what the 5:00 am update has to say. If conditions warrant, I'm out of here early tomorrow.

Wish me luck, but save some for yourselves.
    And the truth shall set you free.

We are also awaiting the 5am report for a decision to shutter the store on the beach. One little tick to the north, and we will have to act fast. Even sustained tropical storm strength wind with gusts can spell disaster at this particularly windy corner. The waiting is enough to make one's hair turn grey!

I'm thinking of you, FO! Good luck.

And to you too, SoFla. I hope you don't end up grey-haired.

Sorry we had to kick your butt Foolish but don't mess with the Pirates!! Good luck!

I live in the land of REAL Pirates! Y'all whooped up on the 'EERS fo' sho'. I think the new ratings will reflect that reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmyprettyface
    Sorry we had to kick your butt Foolish but don't mess with the Pirates!! Good luck!
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Hurricanes, shmuricanes, you wusses get out of town and miss all the fun, while we Californians ride out our earthquakes
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer