Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Service Dog

Sci MOM... How do I find your email addy?

Annabell,

My email is vickyjo1221@hotmail.com.
    If you click on a person's screen name, and select "View public profile" you will find email addys there.

Thanks!
    Vicky

Hi everyone, long time no post.

I got a german sheperd lest september and I'm training her privatly and on my own. She's still a baby (16 months old) and crazy but, I take her almost everywhere with me and she behaves.
    The only problem I've seen when peopl get service animals, is that they think the dog is bonded to them the second they meet. My point is, whatever way u go (certified or private) prepare yourself for at least 1 or 2 months of CONSTANT training, playing, training, bonding.
    I'm still doing the picvk it up training, right now she picks up ANYTHING SHE SEES for a hotdog, but if she don't get the treat RIGHT AWAY, she steals back whatever object she's gotten.
    The other issue I've had is people at stores, etc. not respecting that she is "working" and just keep trying to get her attention, or simply walk over and pet her without even asking. I tell them not to and they ignore me

Tag: How do you train them to heel without pinching their toes if you turn their way?

...and the soul afraid of dyin'... That never learns to live...

Does anyone have experience with having 2 service dogs at 1 time - i.e. the 1st is aging but still working while you are beginning to train a new 1. My puppy is learning more from my older dog than she is from me. What he teaches her is invaluable and she needs to learn public behavior from him by example.
    I'm concerned about encountering problems with the public.

Alissa,
    Does your younger dog have a "Service Dog
    in Training" type of back cover? This I would think should satisfy the publics concerns.

Original
    ly posted by alissa:
    Does anyone have experience with having 2 service dogs at 1 time - i.e. the 1st is aging but still working while you are beginning to train a new 1. My puppy is learning more from my older dog than she is from me. What he teaches her is invaluable and she needs to learn public behavior from him by example.
    I'm concerned about encountering problems with the public.

Originally posted by Lindox:

Alissa,
    Does your younger dog have a "Service Dog
    in Training" type of back cover? This I would think should satisfy the publics concerns.
    Not yet, but I will get to work on this. Thanks for the suggestion

D, I tried to e-mail you but it would not go through. I found this and thought it might help.

http://www.keystonehumanservices.org/ssd

please e-mail me when you get this-
    pgantz3968@hotmail.com
    Thanks.....