Thread: You deserve respect!

You deserve respect!

Thanks to all of you for your support in these posts. I have learned so much during these past 6 months. Not so much about me, because I consider myself a technical assistant not really a caregiver. But when I think about those of you who care for upper level injuries or brain-injuries.Oh Boy, my job looks easy. I have a friend (more an acquaintance) whose husband is C4 and I always wondered why she could be so tough and demanding. She actually used to put me off. But I have a new respect for her because she is a superwomen! She has been a great help to me in the mechanics of thing--uri-bags, stuff like that. And she has to be tough to raise to kids and care for her H. My H should be thankful that he is where he is, but he doesn't see that yet! I do think sending to Dogger would do the trick! Thanks to you all. later!

Lizbeth, Thank YOU! None of us are 'superheros'; we've all learned to just put our heads down and keep on walking into the wind, and handling just one thing at a time.

I would like to say that I"m so proud of this little community of caregivers, and that we've all been able to share, and to some extent, carry each other's weight on our shoulders. None of us asked for this role, just as none of our family members asked to be placed in a chair.

And it sounds as tho you are beginning to take charge, too, to do what you need to do to to keep yourself and the kids healthy.

Speaking of kids, I just looked at your profile - two Irish dancers!!!! I love step dancing!!!! Did they have crushes on Michael Flatley?!

You've touched my soft spot, Marmalady! The kids are competitive dancers and Mary Page, the 12 yr old, dreams of joining Lord of the Dance! Our Senior dancer Craig is off to Worlds in Killarney next week and last week he got a call from LOTD to possibly join the troupe. This has made Mary Page realize that dreams can come true if you keep your eyes focused and WORK! She and her sister are terrific dancers and kids. I could go on and on! They keep me moving ahead.

PS. I don't know your age (I'm 50) and when MP started dancing I thought I'd give it a try. 40+ is to old to do that! It gave me permanent hip dysplasia!!! If you don't have turnout when you're young, you don't acquire with age!!!

Thanks for brightening my day!