Thread: Need another Folding Wheelchair

Need another Folding Wheelchair

I have had a Kuschall Champion for the past 4 years and its been great but it will soon be time for a new one. I want to get another folding wheelchair but I want one with a solid seat rather than a sling. The only one that I know of if at www.airwheelchair.com but I don't like the bulky looking sides. Is there another wheelchair that folds, is lightweight and rides like a rigid wheelchair?
    Thanks for your help.

I have a TiLite TX and I really like it. It has a sling seat, but otherwise it's solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo
    I have a TiLite TX and I really like it. It has a sling seat, but otherwise it's solid.
    How is it for rigidity? My Kuschall is pretty rigid and I don't want to lose that feeling. Thanks for your opinion.

the air chair may look bulky but i didn't get that impression at Abilities Expo East last year. i only spent ~15 minutes in the chair and it ran like any other ultra-lite out there - it actually seemed quite light and easy to push - considering how well it collapses and how well it rode i'd buy one if i were in the market for a folder.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Daleb
    the air chair may look bulky but i didn't get that impression at Abilities Expo East last year. i only spent ~15 minutes in the chair and it ran like any other ultra-lite out there - it actually seemed quite light and easy to push - considering how well it collapses and how well it rode i'd buy one if i were in the market for a folder.
    Thanks for your input!