Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC Couture vs. Lesnar???

UFC Couture vs. Lesnar???

Just checked out the UFC homepage and saw a match has been scheduled for Nov.15 between Randy Couture and Brock Lesnar. Any thoughts? Couture is getting a little long in the tooth and may be rusty. Lesnar is a flat out shit brickhouse. He was pounding Frank Mir like a rag doll until he got caught in a heel hook or knee bar. Frankly I hope Lesnar beats him. It might put an end to Couture's career and jump start Lesnar's....time for some new blood....so to speak.

Leben vs. Bisping? I hate Bisping. I would like to see Leben KO Bisping and put an end to this charade. Matt Hamill beat up Bisping and got screwed on a decision.

Liddell vs. Evans? KO for Chuck. Evans runs out of gas every fight. He just hangs on his opponent with his mouth open or stays away with his hands on his knees trying to get his breath. He's a boring fighter. Knock him out and put me out of my misery.

http://www.ufc.com/

Couture better beat lesner. Lesner is like kimbo slice. Well hes a better wrestler. But couture should win that easily... I think bisping will win. Leben has a face made out of stone though. But bisping is the all around better fighter. Hammil did beat him but that home crowd won it for him...

Liddel is my favorite fighter but he better not take evans lightly. Evans can take a punch an has excellent ground game. He is way better than jardine who beat liddel. Hope liddel beats him so he can get another crack at the title. Although I don't see him beating forrest

If I was not keeping in mind that The UFC was a business, I'd say that it is absolute BS that Lesnar gets a title shot in his 4th pro fight. WTF? Setting aside the whole Nog/Mir issue, still make the dude pay a few more dues. Yes his performance against Herring proved that he's not just an actor/entertainer/acrobat but there are plenty of other heavyweights that a). deserve a shot at Randy before Lesnar does b). at the very least Lesnar should have to get through before getting a title shot. Gotta wonder what's going through the minds of the top heavyweight contenders right now... but going back to my original statement, it's a business and this fight is going to rake it in. I just think it's a slippery slope...

With that said, I think Randy will come out on top. Lesnar is just too green to be fighting a seasoned vet like Randy, especially considering the fact that Randy is a top notch wrestler too. I'm sure Lesnar will toss him around a bunch but not enough to come out with a W.

I hate both Bisbing and Leben - although I have a lot more tolerance for the new and improved Leben. I hope they just beat the sh*t out of eachother. I don't even care who wins. But If I had to make a prediction I'd say Leben. Like Arod636 said, the kid can take a punch or 10 and keep moving forward (unless it's at the hands, knees or shins of Silva). Bisbing is more technical but he looked like ass against Rashad and Hemill - didn't seem to be able to do anything with it.

I'm not a huge fan of Chuck but I don't think Rashad is anywhere near his level. I don't know how he got so hyped up. Yes he's undefeated but look at his opponents - nothing like the track record of Chuck.

I'm excited for Anderson Silva to start taking more fights at 205 and eventually grab that belt too. And I'm even more excited for Penn/GSP.
    Last edited by daveh0; 09-04-2008 at 09:15 PM.

*** c4/c5 incomplete *** Injured in Summer 2003 ***

I think Couture will beat Lesnar. Lesnar is way to predictable for a
    guy like Randy. They are comparable wrestlers, but Randy has the
    better hands and submissions. I think Randy will end up taking
    Lesnar's back and choking him out.

I also don't think that Lesnar should be compared to Kimbo. Lesnar
    has an amazing college wrestling background, having been an NCAA
    champion with a 106-5 record. Kimbo boxed chumps in parking lots
    before he started training for MMA.

I also think that it makes perfect sense for Lesnar to fight the winner
    of Nog/Mir, providing he beats Randy first. He's a huge draw and is a
    hell of a lot more entertaining than Kongo or Werdum, the only other
    two in possible title contention.

I would like to see Bisping win so that he's in line for a MW title
    shot. That way we can watch Anderson beat the shit out of him.

I'm also pulling for Chuck. I'm sure he'll win, but anything can
    happen.

Quote Originally Posted by arod636
    Couture better beat lesner. Lesner is like kimbo slice. Well hes a better wrestler. But couture should win that easily... I think bisping will win. Leben has a face made out of stone though. But bisping is the all around better fighter. Hammil did beat him but that home crowd won it for him...

Liddel is my favorite fighter but he better not take evans lightly. Evans can take a punch an has excellent ground game. He is way better than jardine who beat liddel. Hope liddel beats him so he can get another crack at the title. Although I don't see him beating forrest
    I pretty much agree with all of this... will save some typing. daveho is right, Lesnar doesn't deserve a chance this soon. It's gotten to be too much of a business and less about the fighters bc they are choosing Lesnar with all his hype (still confused why) and Randy making his way back. If Brock wins what does that say to Mir who handled him quite easily..?

I hope Leben beats Bisping.. as I despise him! arod is right, Hamill did beat Bisping, but home turf prevailed. This is in my hometown but damn, tix prices were just way too high..

Evans is overrated and Chuck damn well better beat him. MMA is crazy.. Jardine beats Chuck, Chuck beats Wanderlai and then Wand walks thru Jardine proving anything can happen.

It'll be interesting to see how Franklin handles Hamill. Of course Rich will attempt to stay on his feet and Hamill will surely attempt to take it to the ground.

It sucks that Tim Boetsch is an undercard fight. I'm sure if time allows they'll show it as I think he's a good up and comer..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Dang. I'm eating my words right now. I'm sure a lot of others are
    too. That was devastating.

Damn.. never thought that was going to happen. I wanted to see the exact opposite as I can't stand Evans. Oh well. Rich looked pretty good.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

hahahahaha he dropped him like a sack of potatoes. Chuck was laid out for like 15 min. LOL.

I saw the fight too. I was thinking Evans had broken Liddell's neck after seeing the second view angle showing his neck whiping around like that. Then I saw his feet spasming out. Hope he is alright. It's a dangerous sport.

Ahh shit, I heard it was one of the best knockouts ever and I was late by 5 minutes. Shit...
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace