View Poll Results: are you ok with your injury?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • has it helped you?

13 5.65%
  • has it ruined your life?

104 45.22%
  • did it save your life?

13 5.65%
  • are you just ok with it and keeping on?

100 43.48%
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: how many really think they deserved this injury or benefitted by it?

I didn't deserve this, and my life before this injury was the best. I was so happy.

I'd rather have cancer or do time, than endure this. I didn't think in a million years THIS would happen. I figured I'd get lung cancer from smoking before enduring something like this.

This is terrible. It has ruined my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Imight
    I didn't deserve this, and my life before this injury was the best. I was so happy.

I'd rather have cancer or do time, than endure this. I didn't think in a million years THIS would happen. I figured I'd get lung cancer from smoking before enduring something like this.

You ever seen anyone die of cancer? It's way, way worse than being SCI
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

I don't believe anyone deserves a life like this; however, I think you can become your own prisoner if you choose to. It is surely, not an easy life but like Forest Gump, life is a like a box of chocolates(I think I have heard that said here before or someone signnature line?), you don't know what you are going to get until you take a bite. Some are good and some are just horrible.
    "I've got to keep breathing. Because tomorrow, the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"

I can promise you, my friend, cancer is a freaking monster and your tune would change, don't go there! Have you known a loved love or watched a love one die painfully, have the life being sucked out of their body by cancer?
    "I've got to keep breathing. Because tomorrow, the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"

im just a year out so im a newbie to this..but i believe as wheelchair users we are still capable of so much more..you are only limited by your imagination..i think if you really want to, you can change your life for the better...i know, easier said than done but once you get going it gets easier!
    The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riaan
    I dived into a river and broke my neck,also would not say i was sober but also not drunk,just a hot day and went for a swim. Im still having my drinks and trying to make the best out of a bad thing. 1 thing that that i can say happened for the better is that im living closer to God now cause his my only hope and gives me strenght threw this bad time.
    i agree, here iam on june 3rd 07 passing a car wreck, lost, said a mental prayer for the victums, 5 minutes later i lose control doing 70mph, i felt no control of it and i flip 5 times, no seat belt when i always wear one, but its a done deal but here iam, with a relationship with JESUS and it helps me get by, thats the truth..... if it wasnt for my spirituality i be lost....
    life begins when you walk in spirit papito189@gmail.com

this really surprised me!

i'd loooove to still be able to walk.

funny, what is one person's hell is another's idea of nearly heaven!

the more posts that come online in this thread the more apparent to me that it sure seems it is all a matter of personal choice as to the perspectives with which we choose to define ourselves.

ain't it beautiful!!

sometimes the universe makes me smile.
    Last edited by DaleB; 09-07-2008 at 08:35 PM. Reason: horrible spelling mistake...like reeeally bad ;)

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindox
    [...]
    All the romance attributed to it kinda makes me gag.
    awww...come on...there's nothing wrong with a little romance, is there?

a little romanticizing can turn despair into hope!

one of my favorite musicians once said:

"World peace will be achieved when the power of love overcomes the love of power." - Jimi H.

I believe he saw the world through a romantic's mind.

How about a twist, just as true, IMO:

"Inner peace will be achieved when the power of love overcomes the love of things lost." - Dale B.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

No, I disagree with you big time here as well. While this isn;t what I expected to be doing right now, I would take this over cancer any day. It isn;t fatal for starters! I would rather be sitting here, relatively healthy, that dealing with all the health issues from cancer!

It does go to show how different everyone;s perceptions here are. Not trying to start anything with you, and I understand that this is hard for you, and you are very new, but you have things a lot better than most on here. I hope as time goes on you find this easier to deal with.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    No, I disagree with you big time here as well. While this isn;t what I expected to be doing right now, I would take this over cancer any day. It isn;t fatal for starters! I would rather be sitting here, relatively healthy, that dealing with all the health issues from cancer!
    I think that's the point. Cancer can often kill you relatively quickly, but you can live with an incurable condition for decades.