View Poll Results: are you ok with your injury?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • has it helped you?

13 5.65%
  • has it ruined your life?

104 45.22%
  • did it save your life?

13 5.65%
  • are you just ok with it and keeping on?

100 43.48%
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031

Thread: how many really think they deserved this injury or benefitted by it?

I don't recall if I answered in this thread and i don't have the time to go back through the pages and pages of it to find out, but Chad's answer is that it saved his life. He was on a very self destructive path in his life and breaking his neck stopped that - involuntarily. James, I continue to hope that you find peace and meaning in your post-SCI life. Chad and I are so happy, so in love, and while I have to do "degrading" things to him like bowels and bladder, it is done with such love and respect that it is not degrading whatsoever. Peace to you.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

The accident was not my fault. Shit happens, get it together deal with it and move on. I have had chronic pain 24/7 for the past 15 years and life is tough. I have considered removing myself from it altogether, then I think that I want to stay to see what happens in this fucked up 'civilization' of ours. The government (most governments) has failed the people. The environment if crumbling, the seems slitting apart, this is a wild adventure, and I would like to see the final act.

Then a week later, I think, "Get out of this body! I can't keep on like this."

And, the last post, zillazangerl, right on! Having a loving caring partner, to me, makes all the difference. Good for you two!

I've been divorced for 3 years after a 13 year good marriage (she got involved in drugs and fraudulent activities, I had to get out).
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

For me, it probably saved my life. Being in the motion picture business in the early '70's, cocaine and heroin was really racking the industry. To make extra money a few of us younger stuntmen did adult movies out of Vancouver B.C.. Back in those days the adult movies were much tamer than they are now; in fact looking back, they were almost comedy like. There was always a lot of drugs and booze on set and we didn't know then how destructive cocaine was. Back then it was considered a recreational drug. I lost a few friends from it and heroin, so I guess the accident saved my life.

After my accident, I went back to school and got a degree in Art Education. There was two adult theaters in the small town where I did my student teaching and was concerned one of them would show up on the Billboard. Course we used fake names but I'm sure I would have been recognized if one did show up. One of the names I used was Bud Coal lol.

Benefit? Deserving? It is what it is for me. It didn't "happen for a reason." Maybe God had a hand, maybe She didn't. It's the way in which I deal with it that's the content of my character. That's it