View Poll Results: are you ok with your injury?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • has it helped you?

13 5.65%
  • has it ruined your life?

104 45.22%
  • did it save your life?

13 5.65%
  • are you just ok with it and keeping on?

100 43.48%
Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: how many really think they deserved this injury or benefitted by it?

how many really think they deserved this injury or benefitted by it?

i am so tired of this crap. i know i wasn't an angel, but i was only sitting at red light. i know shit happens, but this recent increased pain is killing me and i don't know how much more i can take.

please, no sympathy or empathy. i'm asking, do you think there is a reason for this? do you think it helped you? in what way?

I just think it forced me to grow up a lot faster than I would have in my otherwise normal life, and it has allowed me to meet a lot of good friends and influential people and opened up opportunities that probably wouldn't have otherwise been available to me.

With only 5 years under my belt, I am still considered slightly new, so I can't say I know what you're going through.

It sucks for sure.
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by cass
    i'm asking, do you think there is a reason for this? do you think it helped you?
    No and no.

I believe strongly in Chance. Sometimes, shit just happens. What is important is how you deal with it. Not that succumbing to pain and a lack of purpose and independence is something I would condemn anyone for. Even that can be handled with grace.

C.

I do not know how to answer this...besides the last choice. There are days I do think it has benefitted me...because it has shown me how strong I really am...but there are other days where I just want to give up because I am so frustrated with my progressions, or my pain, or just realizing that something I used to be able to do I can't do anymore. I cannot say I know what you are going through, but for me...it is a day to day thing.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

My accident was because of something i did.I got drunk and crashed an ATV. So i am quite ok with what happened to me but i also feel like life is like the Movie Final Destination..if i were to have not gotten on that four wheeler i feel as though something else would have happened to me. It could have been that if i didn't wreck that night maybe on my way home with my girlfriend we could have gotten in a car wreck and both died. I don't know i think its fate. what has happened to me was supposed to happen. If it was for me to stop drinking or for me and my mom to have a better relationship or to change other peoples lives.
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

No. I think you can find a purpose but I don't believe that there is a purpose. So most of us have had bad luck.

What drives me crazy about the fate versus chance concept unveils itself when well-intentioned people approach me trying to convince that I'm working off past karma or I made a choice in the past life, or God/Jesus wants me to be in the chair to " be special".

I've decided it's their own insecurities being projected upon me. Some attempt for the human brain to find something logical in the illogical world. Oh well -- that debate will go on for eternity in an infinite amount of possibilities.

I put it ruined my life because it did. I was sleepwalking. Sometimes I think I could have accepted this sooner or better if it happened because of what I did.

Can you put two answers because I am moving forward and am now getting better at accepting the fact that this is the new norm.

I am still in the process of "adapting" since society doesn't seems to be adapting to us at all. As for now, I can say that drunk person that hit me ruined my life, and not his, he only suffered a broken arm, and some bruises and he still living his life the way he used to live it before the crash. I am not!

Quote Originally Posted by jen05
    I am still in the process of "adapting" since society doesn't seems to be adapting to us at all. As for now, I can say that drunk person that hit me ruined my life, and not his, he only suffered a broken arm, and some bruises and he still living his life the way he used to live it before the crash. I am not!
    Jen, many if not most of us here are in that same boat: somebody else did this to us. My own experience - and it took me most of the decades I've lived post to come to it - is that the sooner we can move past the blaming phase of this mess the better will be our outlook and prospects for a worthwhile future. And, again, welcome to the CC community.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

I dived into a river and broke my neck,also would not say i was sober but also not drunk,just a hot day and went for a swim. Im still having my drinks and trying to make the best out of a bad thing. 1 thing that that i can say happened for the better is that im living closer to God now cause his my only hope and gives me strenght threw this bad time.