Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testimonials for EasyGlider 6000

Testimonials for EasyGlider 6000

Hi all,

Those who own this piece of equipment, please post your experiences below.

Thank you.

~And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all- Socrates~

i have this and really like it. i try to use it everyday for at least an hour or two--mostly standing. i do the arm movement, but not for an extended period of time, but it would probably be easier for you since your a para. you can change the tension on it to make it easier or harder and it can be adjusted to your height. since ive been using it regularly, i stopped all spasm meds, quad/ para belly has gotten smaller, circulation is better. i can also use it independantly being a quad--transfering, strapping self in, and pushing the lever to higher/lower myself. only problem is, it takes up a lot of space. hmmmm...what else do you want to know about it?

~~Everyone wants to change the world, but nobody wants to change himself. ~Leo Tolstoy~

That's exactly what I need, bridget. Keep 'em coming, please

~And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all- Socrates~

I've had mine for almost a year. I've been using it for about an hour or longer each day. I have pretty bad spasticity, and usually after working out on it, it calms my legs down for a bit. I don't know what else to say, except I haven't had any problems with it.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

I got one a few months ago. I had a stationary standing frame before but used it only a few times cuz it was a pain to get up into cuz it had no aid to help you to a standing position. So I had only stood a few times in my 11 years of being injured till I got the EasyGlider 6000. It's very easy to use, just transfer on the seat and crank yourself up. I had no problems adjusting to standing regularly everyday for at least an hour. It gives me a pretty good upper body workout and increased heart rate even on low resistance. I experience no spasticity for a couple hours after using it, but the longer I go without standing the more spastic my legs become...it's kinda made me dependent on it, if I don't stand in it for a day my legs become more spastic than they were before I got it and started standing regularly. But I think the benefits of using it outweigh that annoyance. Not sure if it's just a coincidence but around the same time I started using it I noticed a substantial improvement of sensation below my injury, I always had decent sensation but it has definitely improved especially on my left side after it had stayed the same for years. Also since using it I swear my penis has gotten bigger (not joking lol), maybe better circulation to that area an hour or more a day helps.
    How's that for a testamonial..."EasyGlider 6000 enlarged my penis" (they should hire me as a sales rep. to market it to guys)

All in all it was a good investment I wish I would of made long ago, and would recommend it to low quads and paras.

i remember you mentioning a while back about having surgery for scoliosis...i was just thinking this may also help with that since as you stand, your back actually turns back into the shape it's supposed to be. just a thought so maybe you can justify getting one through insurance as a neccessary medical need.

~~Everyone wants to change the world, but nobody wants to change himself. ~Leo Tolstoy~

Originally posted by JT:

Also since using it I swear my penis has gotten bigger (not joking lol), maybe better circulation to that area an hour or more a day helps.
    Funny you should mention that. When I'm standing in my 6000 glider, I'm standing in more than one way if you know what I mean. I also though it has something to do with the increased circulation.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

I have real bad leg spasticity and when I tried it out it was tough for me to transfer into it because the knee braces don't swing up out of the way. The rep told me that there is a new version of the 6000 due out about the november timeframe which is a redesign to ease transfers. He loaned me a 5000 until it comes out. The workout on the 6000 definitely loosened up my legs and felt like it was doing my arms good but didn't have it long enough to give a real test. But I am waiting for the new model as the one to get.

McD

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"

G.CHASER82,

THE 6000 GLIDER IS THE BEST.
    FOR ALL HEALTH, & PSYCOLOGICAL BENIFIT,

CHECK OUT WWW.EASYSTAND.COM

A FRIEND OF MINE HAS A BRAND NEW ONE, WITH ALL NEEDED EXTRA ATTACHMENT! STILL IN BOX SELLS FOR ABOUT $3900, HALF PRICE OF THE DEALER'S PRICE TAG.

every time you fall,
    stand up tall....
    come back for more

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bridget:

i have this and really like it. i try to use it everyday for at least an hour or two--mostly standing. i do the arm movement, but not for an extended period of time, but it would probably be easier for you since your a para. you can change the tension on it to make it easier or harder and it can be adjusted to your height. since ive been using it regularly, i stopped all spasm meds, quad/ para belly has gotten smaller, circulation is better. i can also use it independantly being a quad--transfering, strapping self in, and pushing the lever to higher/lower myself. only problem is, it takes up a lot of space. hmmmm...what else do you want to know about it?
    -----------------------------------------------

hey Bridget,
    Ummmmmmmm........ STRANGE< WHEN ONE IS PARALYSED EVERYTHING TAKES A LOT OF SPACE>
    Luigi.

every time you fall,
    stand up tall....
    come back for more

[This message was edited by luigi91377 on 10-05-04 at 11:43 PM.]