Thread: Jackie or Anyone -- Pergo and Dog Pee?

Jackie or Anyone -- Pergo and Dog Pee?

Jackie, I'm looking seriously at the Pergo like you suggested. I'm worried that these stupid dogs will still pee on it and I'm wondering how the finish would hold up to that if I'm gone when it happens and can't get it cleaned immediately. Any experience?

Uh, no experience with dog pee - the dogs know I am 'she who must be obeyed' and would rather have their bladders explode than pee on the floor!

Having said that, we Have had plenty of cat yak, spilled grease, co-cola, etc. and the floor has held up beautifully.

I think Pergo has a website that might give you more info - or just ask the Home Depot guys - after all, they're experts on everything!

We looked at Pergo when we were trying to decide about wood or carpet in the dining room. Were able to get a 4'x4' sample and 'live with it'. Dog toenails scratched it an a rock that hubby had in his tire dug a trench when he skidded. We went with carpet.

However the Swedish Glitza finish on the oak in the rest of the house is doing great after 4 years.

Tag, thanks for the input. I still don't know what Swedish Glitza is but it sounds like it's good stuff! I would love to have hardwood, but can't really afford it so guess I'll think about this a while longer.