Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's Get Together

Let's Get Together

Can you imagine anything more difficult? Getting together a group of caregivers from across the country, for a weekend? Say a central location like Chicago for a long weekend. An unbeleivable opportunity to network,learn,share and care. Hook up with the famous rehab center in Chicago, couldn't we teach them a few things? Only one small problem, hmmmmmmmmmm. Well, I guess we could bring our significant others along, only then we would be tooo busy with other things and well gosh, I give up already, any ideas out there? Like I said in the beginning, could it be more difficult? Maybe Oprah could help!

[This message was edited by KDK on 01-25-03 at 22:46.]

KDK, I think that's a fantastic idea! My first suggestion before we set a place, is to find out who's 'in', and find a central place for that group.

gathering

I'm there. Seriously, I'd make this happen, and I think Chicago is lovely in the late spring . . .

Sounds great!! Just let me know when.

wow!!!

that's a great idea!!!

I'm in.

krajaxa

Well, what have I started? Guess we need a travel agent...Ha! Anyone know how to start a poll that would indicate the best month and location for all of us. Then there's budget and itinerary. Any volunteers? Kathy

Count me in!

I'll keep a tally on locations and dates, as well as gathering ino; if everyone who's 'in' could email me with their address/phone, and best dates, I'll start a list. Also, what budget concerns everyone has. Also (this is my 2nd edit!) - how mobile you are; i.e., can you do a weekend away - or could you do daytimes away if we locate near you?)

marmalady@worldnet.att.net

I think we should have a cutoff date on deciding where/when this fiesta is happening (of course, anyone who wants to jump on board after that is absolutely welcome, but they'll not have a say in where/when). Suggestions?

Would someone like to take on travel agent and itinerary duties?

A heads up, and just a thought, but the National Family Caregivers Association hosts workshops throughout the country. I know their next one is in Orlando in March. I'd like to see this and other caregiver organizations devote more time to SCI (and other, i.e. cerebral palsy, etc.) caregivers, as most of their focus is on elder care. Maybe we could plan a time/location around one of their workshops? Their website is

222.nfcacares.org

Or contact John Paul Marosy, project director at 508-854-0431.

WooHoo! This is awesome!

This is a great idea!! You all need this...I wish I was a fly on the wall at that shin-dig!!!

Sisterhood is good...we all need that!

I hope you have a lot of interest!

Mary

...and she lived happily ever after...

Oh My Gosh!! Would that be great!! I live in Illinois about 90 miles from Chicago. Rehab Institute of Chicago is where Chad rehabbed! They loved him and I still have close contacts there. My daughter and I had a studio apartment thru a friend at Northwestern we stayed in off n on those 3 months, but we have stayed at a hotel only couple blocks away that gives a great discount if they know you are associated with RIC or Northwestern. I would be happy to help put this together if you choose Chicago. Linda- mazey@sainet.net