Thread: Removing Urine Smell from Furniture

Removing Urine Smell from Furniture

Sorry for the repeat as I know this topic was covered somewhere but I can't find it with the search function. Husband has had so many accidents the last couple of months that both new chairs in the living room smell like urine. I've used the carpet/furniture shampooer with the soap on them repeatedly followed by using it with vinegar water. I've bought half the Febreze inventory in this part of the country. I've tried wetting it and covering with salt to pull up any "remains" (this works great on carpet stains by the way, like red wine). I can't think of anything else to try and I can't live with the smell. Any ideas out there? Thanks.

I remember seeing this topic someplace also... I think they mentioned pet stores and pet urine odor removers. Supposedly worked for them.

krajaxa

opps, found the link:
    http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10522

The best product I have found is EMRO 150 The Odor Eliminator. Their website is www.emroproducts.com Phone #513-474-4471. I purchase it from the dog groomers. You can purchase directly from the manufacturer and they will ship to your home. It was explained to me that you need a product that breaks down the enzymes present in urine.

There's a product called "Nature's Miracle" for pet urine.

What I did when hubby ran into something and ripped his very full leg bag was...blotted up as much as possible with towels, immediately sprayed it with a vinegar/water mixture and blotted more. Then I went to the pet store and got a bottle of Simple Solution and mixed according to directions and sprayed the carpet with that. There was still a very slight oder but it also smelt like vinegar so I got Odban and sprayed the area with that. I didn't dilute it so we had a pretty strong ucalyptus(sp) smell for a couple of days but NO urine smell.

I second Alan, I heard that natures miracle is some pretty good stuff.

http://www.petsmart.com/products/product_308.shtml

If you jog in a jogging suit, lounge in lounging
    pajamas, and smoke in a
    smoking jacket, WHY would anyone want to wear a
    windbreaker?

I do know that with pet urine, soak up as much as possible, then apply vinegar with a damp cloth working it in, allow to dry and then work in some baking soda and let it sit for awhile...
    vacuum up. It has worked for everyone I know but then a cushion may be something that requires more.