Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what to do?

what to do?

Having tried everything with no success, my doctor and I have no idea what to try. I ned something to reduce the scraping, burning, and tight as concrete feelings in my back and abdomen, even if the numerous other feelings and the rest of my body isn't affected.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Alan, what happened when you tried TENS? Also, if you're primarily searching for local area relief, have you considered botox injections? I've heard of that being used for peripheral neuropathy or localized symptoms.

TENS didn't help. Impanted spinal cord stimulator in 1985-1986, position revised three times, did nothing for any pains anywhere, and they were 22 years less intense. Talked to docs about Botox, but they didn't think it would help, because the muscles aren't actually that tight, they just feel cramped and stiff as concrete (along with the other sensations I feel.)

Some oral med must be able to help a little, without intolerable side effects.
    Alan

Alan,

Have you ever thought it could be an allergy type stomach reachion. I get stomach cramps from potatos. Caffeine is a tricky one too because it's hasa semi anti histamine properties.

I forgot to mention chemical reactions too.
    Last edited by Malibu; 08-29-2008 at 08:35 PM.

i've tried botox in my legs and back with no results at all.

Yoga.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Not allergies, just part of my full body central pain, which keeps getting worse. Nothing helps. No surgeon ever would deal with my scoliosis and shoulder blade problems, and MRIs apparently didn't show my cord was tethered, so nothing was done about the hole in my cord.
    Alan

Have you considered acupuncture?

Can they fix the hole in the cord or are the doctors just no seeing it. Get a CAT scan or other image. I think there's one called a Body Scan or maybe a nerve image from a MNR (magnetic nerve resonance).

I've had lots of MRIs. Doctors see the hole, say it isn't a syrinx and that there's no tethering of the cord.

Tried accupuncture several times.
    Alan