Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Curious/personal question

I dont use it but I keep it around in case any of my friends need it.
    I keep a couple of tampons in my drawer for the same reason.

I never really wore deodorant before or after... I found it just smelled like a mix of perfume and sweat and my ex liked my manly aroma. I'm a pro-pheromone kinda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    i wear it even thou i dont sweat my pits still stink w/out deodorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeliecoach
    I use it...I do not want to be one of those people that someone has to stand 50 feet away from in order to talk to them.
    ^^ what they said.

I use it daily.

Quote Originally Posted by danielgr
    I'm a para and my arm pits do stink at times, so I wear deodorant everyday. Someone did say that you don't notice your own BO, so don't think just because you don't notice your own BO, no one else will. Just people don't say anything about BO, unless you have kids, we all know how honiest they like to be.

If you notice that people step back a couple of feet after being next to you, then you probably have BO. Think about what your throughts are after you smell someone with BO, do you want people thinking the same thoughts about you?

Don't think your shit doesn't stink..LOL
    Don't be to sure you know the score. "I don't want John & Mary Doe to think ill of me; better use DO and cover up whatever may or may not stink from my BODY!"

It's all part of the corporate game plan.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Hmm, I never use anything under my arms, because I can't - I have flexural psoriasis there, and it hurts enough already without putting anything on top of it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psorias...s_of_psoriasis
    I have never used any deodorants because they would inflame my skin. I keep clean, and I don't think that I smell. My bf would tell me if I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    Someone may claim to be a vegetarian w/o being one.
    Busted again Juke, I work at a residential fire base, I've eaten meals with those vegetarians for 9 summers now.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    Busted again Juke, I work at a residential fire base, I've eaten meals with those vegetarians for 9 summers now.
    So you're calling your bs on me and the Captn? Sure, there are veggie items that will stink you and coffee will contribute. Avoid the veg. stinkers like garlic, brussel sprouts, asparagus, etc. and don't eat the meat from all those miserable domestic animals who's lives are structured by corporate parameters (while they're working on us) and neither your body nor your shit will stink. It's that simple and it's a fact.

Fresh odor samples were assessed for their pleasantness, attractiveness, masculinity, and intensity by 30 women not using hormonal contraceptives. We repeated the same procedure a month later with the same odor donors, each on the opposite diet than before. Results of repeated measures analysis of variance showed that the odor of donors when on the nonmeat diet was judged as significantly more attractive, more pleasant, and less intense. This suggests that red meat consumption has a negative impact...
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...t=AbstractPlus

If you start to stink within hours of not using deodorant, rest assured there is putrefaction or fermentation going on inside your body, and that indicates a poor diet, usually.

...a lot of people who are using deodorant are simply trying to cover up odors that could actually serve as a health indicator.

Most Americans can't imagine going through a day without using deodorant. That's because they stink so bad that they feel obligated to apply toxic deodorant products to their bodies every single day. I used to be one of those people, but I have since learned that the things that make you stink are the same things that make you unhealthy, namely, milk, cheese, meat, animal fats and refined carbohydrate products like white flour. Animal products are the most offensive dietary sources of internal stink by far, and milk products produce the greatest funk of all.

[And on....]
    http://www.naturalnews.com/019777.html
    Last edited by Juke_spin; 08-27-2008 at 02:36 PM.
    J.B.S.Haldane

I've been around plenty of health-conscious vegetarian hippies who stink.

I call

Besides, if we're not supposed to eat animals, they shouldn't've been made out of meat from the get-go.

Can I trade my vegetarians in for the ones in the study? I hate being in the bathroom with those guys too, their bowell movements make my stomach turn.

Unless/untill you're willing to go on a two week non-neat diet to test this, I call bs on you and Scott.
    J.B.S.Haldane

Juke -

I backpacked 10 days in New Mexico pre-injury, no shower, no meat (as there was no way to preserve it). I still remember the first shower afterwards. I was with half a dozen or so other guys. Admittedly it ended up being non-noticeable while we were on the trail (after a few days) b/c we were all used to it & had no other reference. HOWEVER, after showering and sorting through laundry, it was obvious that we all still stank.

You're a stinky old man whether you admit it or not.