Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bladder Research Project

Bladder Research Project

I have been working on a bladder management method for nearly 3 years. It currently consists of a combination of natural ingredients in a liquid form that is taken orally. I have invested a significant amount of time to develop this potential treatment and the functional aspects consist of:

1) An ingredient that coats the bladder lining and impedes bacterias ability to attach to the bladder wall.

2) A secondary ingredient that alters the pH level in the bladder reducing bacterias ability to propagate and multiply.

As this anti-bacterial product reaches various stages of development, I will be seeking others to use this product to verify it's effectiveness. I predict this product will be available within the next 6 months for testing.

If you would be willing to participate in this study, please e-mail me at dsmilam@comcast.net or you can respond on this thread. If you elect to participte on a voluntary basis, there will be no monetary gain or financial compensation if you choose to enter into the study.

That's great! I can't wait to see the results.

I will Participate.

The product is organic, all natural, with no added sugars, colors, or flavorings. My goal is to make it effective and cost conscious. It will be a maintenance product and my goal is to:

1) Create long periods between antibiotic usage, if not eliminate such drugs
    2) Produce no side effects
    3) Be affordable

I am in the final stages of determining the ideal ratio of the main components. I have been using it with great success. I will respond to the e-mails this evening I have received.

Once the study begins, I will need participants willing to fill out and respond to a progess chart that will require minimum input. It is imperative I have sound data from users of the product.

Who is sponsoring this study? Which Human Subjects review committee has approved it? Did they approve recruitment of subjects via internet? What is their contact information (for complaints, if any, during the study)? Who are the professionals/physicians involved in the study? Is this an FDA or NIH approved clinical trail?

These are questions everyone should ask before even considering participating in any type of clinical trial. Lay people don't conduct legitimate clinical trials, and professionals don't do them without human subjects oversight, review and permission.

(KLD)

SCI Nurse,

I understand your concerns. However, I am currently in the process of registering the product with the FDA, therefore no usage will take place until the product is properly registered.

This should take 6 months or less. I will subsequently adhere to all FDA protocols in regards to the product.

I manufactured my own FDA approved product in the 90's, so I am familiar with the approval process.

I will participate when you get the go ahead for trial.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

This sounds very interesting. I hope you get all the necessary approval asap so that the trial can go ahead as planned. Nice work, and good luck!

Wheelicoach & Barbara,

Thank you. I am driven to attempt this since I know what it is like to struggle long term with bladder issues. The medical community does a good job helping us, but the main remedy using standardized procedures is antibiotics. I know a young man home bound for the next 2 weeks on IV antibiotics. I fear for him long term.

Hopefully this product could, at the very least, greatly extend the interval between the need for antibiotics. I have been working on a non-antibiotic solution for 3 years.

It only remains to find a cure and we can definititely give Cure Forum marching orders...

Rock on, Schmeky!