Thread: TV tonight on HDNet World Report Hope or Hype? Stem Cell Treatments in China''

Lightbulb TV tonight on HDNet World Report Hope or Hype? Stem Cell Treatments in China''

``Hope or Hype? Stem Cell Treatments in China''; ``

http://www.hd.net/worldreport.html
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

kickingber
    what was said, I was unable to see the brodcast?

American patients are racing to China for a therapy they can't get in the U.S.: stem cell treatments for everything from MS to Alzheimers to blindness. Some say they get revolutionary treatment and can be cured. Others say it is all hype, and not science. World Report weighs the costs, the hopes, the risks as we join patients on a medical odyssey.
    From what I saw its more hype. There's just not any real peer reviewed data out there from these chinese clinics. Thats why I've never gone there.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

kickingber
    Thank you ,norm

results looked pretty insignificant/non-existent to me. better off being a rat at the MP
    rob

yea, that report didn't help beike much in the validity department. The ending where the rep said "he knows the reality of his situation" seemed kind of like a wink wink we know our procedure doesn't work.

I believe in experimental procedures but results should be the goal. I dont like the idea of intentionally selling "hope"... sell an effective procedure and let the patients worry about hope.

places like beike could easily (in my opinon with there abilities to operate and avoid restrictions) be creating the real cure or effective therapy. I mean the time money and facilities could be used to create even more effective procedures. based on that report what there offering now has highly questionable results. I dont feel they need all that peer reviewed bullshit but I bet they should be working on something that can have better results...

the stemcell Treatments in china are currently hype