Page 98 of 137 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate's On Line Journal

AKO: Ditto on the hugs from Ami. I hope this logjam breaks up for you--and for him. I'm sorry you have to deal with this; bad smells are a very emotional thing.

Can you/do you compensate in some way, like keeping good-smelling things in your environment...spices, scented candles, etc.? It doesn't change the core situation, which is more personal, but maybe it can give some relief.

Roshni--if you're still reading here, I got Tori Amos' Little Earthquakes, finally had time to listen to it in the kitchen, and it is so ni-i-i-i-i-i-i-ce! Thanks!

It's a big deal for those of us who are caregiving to find some pleasure in small day-to-day things...sounds, smells, sights, tastes, talks...hugs. Hopes. (And sometimes a good vent, eh?)

Good day, everyone!

Tana

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyg
    It's a big deal for those of us who are caregiving to find some pleasure in small day-to-day things...sounds, smells, sights, tastes, talks...hugs. Hopes.
    Bobby G,

I loved what you said. At the end of the day, when you take a census of your senses, hopefully you'll be uplifted by the little heavenly moments.

By the way, I am so delighted that you're enjoying Tori.

OK, Chris C, forever the smartie pants? I looked at the avatar for the first time, having just jumped back into this thread. Thanks for the laugh.

Candles, music, relaxation...it all sounds good, where do I sign up.

A bit of a jump here but are any Caregivers planning on making it to DC this year? Lil'Sis was there last year as well as a few others. Your voices need to be hear, they have a powerful impact. It may seem impossible (the trip) but give it some thought, you add so much to the united voice for CURE, CARE and Unity.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

I know I can't change him, he'll have to do it himself. but there is no excuse for not picking up the electric toothbrush and put it into your mouth. This weekend we found some other things out and well there is more, I will come back with our family circus later...

what is DC all about? we live about 3 hours from there so a trip to DC is not whithout reach.

Cheesecake,
    I was wanting to go to DC but Jim said he didn't want to! I pressed a little bit for a reason but he didn't fess up, so I'm not sure why. Maybe HE needs a personal call? But if anyone is traveling through Madison we would be more than happy to provide free B&B and PCA services here as you go on your journey since we are now living in an accessable house. Jim does go to the Cure forum here but I think the antagonistic jousting puts him off. Deb

Cheesecake--I would love to travel and be involved, but we are still in the training process with new nurses (and family members) and can't leave. Also, I'm getting an MRI on my lumbar spine Tuesday and hope to find a way to resolve/live with the immense pain I've been having from the lifting injury several months ago. I'm sending light and love to the gathering, and am hoping that our situation begins to move more and more toward our freedom to be involved in the political voice.

Washington State legislature is considering a house bill to start a program in which Medicaid recipients can negotiate for individually authorized hours of home health care--HB 2475. I'm composing a letter for one of the sponsors (he's our local rep, and his son is a good friend of Jake's, so I'm hoping this will help him present the case persuasively.) At present, my best contribution is in writing. And maybe picking up a few more of Christina and Walter's pins to give to people! (Our granddaughter got them for family members as Christmas gifts--and people do ask about them!)

Thank you, Roshni! Now I'm into new CDs...heh! Cheap thrills!

Chris--your doggie avatar is a hoot!

lilsis-
    When Jim sees the rally video (we just got it) from last year maybe he'll change his mind. He is great in that video.

If not, leave him home.

The rally info is at working2walk.org.

cheesecake is right. Caregivers need to be heard!

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake
    . . . are any Caregivers planning on making it to DC this year? Lil'Sis was there last year as well as a few others. Your voices need to be heard, they have a powerful impact. It may seem impossible (the trip) but give it some thought, you add so much to the united voice for CURE, CARE and Unity.
    Bruce has been looking into flights and accomodations . . .

Talking

Betheny, I sent you an e-mail, but forgot to ask---Jim's on video? How can we see it? Deb

I am really excited that the Bruce/Kate Killer Croquet Team are making it! That was one of my disappointments last year, not meeting you 2.

Deb-

We sent it to Jeff at Rutgers. He has to change it to a different format to host on Carecure. I think I'll burn a bunch too, a lot of people have asked. It might take me a while...

Jim's moustache is so white it GLOWS!