Page 96 of 137 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate's On Line Journal

Cheesecake ~ ya had me in tears. That was the most lovely explanation. Thanks, it's something that is so true, but hard to remember when someone says something so off-the-cuff about someone we love. Kate ~ I would have wanted to pummel the guy ~ I think you showed a lot of restraint and dignity with your response.

Shelley

Ida probably popped him, at least verbally. I admire those with cooler heads and kinder hearts.

Betheny--I'll fly you out to meet a couple of Jake's nurses so you can give them a verbal pop for me! Fortunately, the one who was outspokenly anti-esc research has quit--she wasn't making enough money in home healthcare, I guess.

We're all so human--what's really cool is when someone with a cooler head and kinder heart hits that speed bump and blows a little o-ring, and then us reactives turn tender and say, "Hey--that's alright!" 'Cuz it is!

Beautiful story, Cheesecake. It is incredibly encouraging; it's the kind of experience that restores hope to us when we are looking everywhere for it and it's hard to find. And the entire audience would have booed that comment in the movie version! Later, perhaps, a sensitivity to the boor may have developed...like, which character in the story would I want to be? Sure not THAT one! Then you feel kinda sorry for someone who so doesn't get it...(unless we get into politics, then it's a new ballgame.)
    Last edited by bobbyg; 01-24-2006 at 01:34 PM.

I know Ida but generally she is pretty easy going. Sometime Shoulda steps in and it becomes a real mess.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake
    I know Ida but generally she is pretty easy going. Sometime Shoulda steps in and it becomes a real mess.
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!! I've gotta remember that one ...!
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Tori Amos...Little Earthquakes...Bob picked it up for me yesterday at Budget CD's, and it's sitting on my little player in the kitchen for my next chance to take a break! I'll let you know how I like it!

Kate, you will have to point this guy out to me .. I'll show him where it really matters .. out there on the croquet pitch, his a** is grass

Cheesecake, what a story, thanks for sharing it here with us!

Thought I'd share one of my favorite poems and see what you folks thought.

"Late Fragment" by Raymond Carver

And did you get what
    you wanted from this life, even so?
    I did.
    And what did you want?
    To call myself beloved, to feel myself
    beloved on the earth.

Can a has-been, used-ta-be caregiver pop in and say "Hey?"

Man, reading those early entries was such a blast from the past! So much has happened since then. I loved Jimmy Mack's movie remarks, and how we all chose who was going to play each of us in the film version!

Cheesecake~Lovely, just lovely. Thank you.

Roshni~I love the poem...and "Little Earthquakes" too! I think Tori was spying on me in my former marriage at times!

Betheny~I LOVE the avatar! Are you getting younger??

Kate~Grrr...ouch. Let it go. That was the advice you gave me. Don't waste precious time on it.

Ami~I admire you and your dedication to your family. Take a little time for yourself...you deserve it!

Carry on....check in!
    Vicky

"Be kind...for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
    ~Philo of Alexandria

Thanks SCI mom!!

And Little Earthquakes ... I literally have goosebumps just THINKING about that album and the concert I saw of it. I was at a very noisy bar and when she started playing, within 20 seconds it absolutely SILENT in the bar. Her singing was so intense and if you've seen her in concert, you'll know she writhes on the piano bench as if she were .... er .... well, you know what I mean, let's say "enjoying it" tremendously. But, the words are sooooooooooooooooooooooo intense and haunting beauty of her voice juxtaposted against the solo piano is a true piece of aural art.

I MUST go dig up that album now .....
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager