Page 8 of 137 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate's On Line Journal

Betheny

Good point Betheny ....well said

Mary

...and she lived happily ever after...

wahooo!

just sent the little darlings off to school, finally! now bruce and i can run amok in the peacefulness of a freshly un-teenagered house . . . oh, except i have to go and teach my classes, and he has to go to work. never mind.

seriously, i'm pretty glad to be back in harness. i think.

we saw the two towers--
    we bought a treadmill, which he can use at 0.8 mph, unbraced and unharnessed!
    i got a giant book about the beatles for christmas, which i read in bed, feeling like a four-year-old behind its enormous pages
    i celebrate with you, mary--
    vicky, you do a wonderful job of capturing peacefulness in a few sentences--
    martha, i love hearing about "your" texas--it's not all george w and oil!

back later, my dears. the trignometric functions call.

Good to "see" everyone!

I haven't been able to access the site since I posted on Saturday...thought I broke it! But...it's available again, and good to read everyone's updates.

It's STILL snowing here..we should get another six inches by tomorrow morning! But it's so beautiful, and I don't really need to go anywhere today..so I can enjoy it.

Kate, I remember the feelings of bliss, and those barely-contained grins while sending Brianna back to school! You know, I think that qualifies as a "moment!" Isn't it funny how you can be cheerful and chipper, and they just glower at you? Reminds me of when Bri was in kindergarten. First day of school: she's excited, she's thrilled, she can't wait for the bus to arrive...and then she finds out she has to get off the bus AT SCHOOL. She thought she was just going to ride the bus around. NO WAY was she going to SCHOOL!! We had a "discussion", and off she went. Day Two: she's not eager. I'm cheerful as can be. She misses the bus! Hmmm...delaying tactic. Not to worry...Mom is CHEERFUL. I drive her to school, and pull in right behind the bus. She begins protesting. I tell her to go on, she'll have FUN, she'll have a GREAT day... "But, Mom!" No protests, I tell her. Go on...

I'll never forget the sight of this little girl trudging up the sidewalk, her oversized She-Ra back pack banging on her back...I smile, thinking someday we'll laugh about this. The bus in front of me pulls away, and reveals a huge statue of the Virgin Mary. Oops. Wrong school!! I had dropped her off at the Catholic School!! Oh my god..now I have to get her back! She's probably already learning her Hail Marys...

She comes back to the car; I'm apologizing PROFUSELY...She just looks at me and says, "I tried to tell you!"

Yeah...we laugh about that day, all right...

Vicky

Vicky, we've been wondering who broke the site!!!! Glad to know it was you and not me. While I'm envious of the beauty of your snow and mountains, I'm sitting here staring out the open window at another incredible day on the coast. It must be 70 degrees out and a great day to fill the house with fresh sea breezes.

And, I'm so excited I could pop. My business trip got approved, I arranged for my brother and husband's brother to come stay enough days each for me to be gone, and I'm leaving for Santiago, Chile on Sunday!!!!!!! We talked about him going with me, but he hasn't flown since the accident and he's not comfortable with the idea of his first flight(s) being a total of 12 hours. So I'll go alone and try to manage to enjoy myself in a wonderful hotel with room service, maid service, and a beautiful view of the Andes. Oh yeah, and maybe do some business.

WooHoo! You go, girl! I am insanely jealous!

Martha!!

Whoa!! How WONDERFUL!!! Are you visibly levitating off the ground? I would be! How long will you be gone? Man...so far, you win for the most exciting January plans! I'm really thrilled for you. Nothing beats maids and room service...

As for breaking the site... I probably did it! I'm responsible for LOTS of stuff...you can ask my ex about that!

Vicky

Trip to Chile

Martha, have a great time, and toast us all on a bottle of great Chilian wine (no whine allowed)!!!!

Jackie, thanks. :-)

Vicky, yes I am levitating. Still can't believe it. Even knowing I have about 6 wks worth of work to do in the next 4 days to get ready to go!

KLD, I will definitely toast you all. My customer thinks I really need to see the wine country so he's planning a trip there. I am totally psyched.

Problem is, I'll go into CareCure withdrawal without internet for a week! I'll really miss "you gals".

martha!!!

i'm definitely in the wrong line of work. what do you do that takes you to south america? please, honey, make the most of every hour. you SOOO deserve this.

Kate, thanks. I do plan to enjoy it. I broker petroleum products. Back in my other life, I traveled a fair percentage of the time. Since husband's accident I really haven't traveled at all so this will be strange to be so far away from home again. Especially since I've been working from home the past several years. I've been very lucky in my job -- I work for truly the greatest people in the world and have gotten to go places I never dreamed of when I was growing up in east Texas. I've just been incredibly lucky.