Page 73 of 137 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate's On Line Journal

Ok ladies, it's been almost a month and I miss hearing what is happening to each of you! Kath, update on the story about hubby? Kids? Vicky, how's Bri doing in her apt and at school? It must be beautiful in the mountains in the summer. Kate, how are you and the kids faring with Bruce gone and how is he doing in FL? Jackie, where are you????? Cheesecake, has to be something happening between hubby, kids and your own escapades. Obie, a lot was getting ready to happen in your life -- is Bill home yet? Lilsis? Scarlet? Anyone out there?

I MISS Y'ALL!!!!!!!!

P.S. Didn't mean to exclude the gentlemen -- want to hear from you too! Russ, how are you and Steve doing?

[This message was edited by martha on 06-24-04 at 01:01 PM.]

Well...we finished school and went through vgal training and I dyed my hair purple which is not the look for a fifty year old gramma. Anyone know how I can fix it? It is the color of the dregs in a bottle of merlot!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us."~~Sartre

PURPLE!!! Wow, now that's a statement! Call the number on the box of coloring, they are good at helping you.
    Martha, are you in Fla yet? Sold the house?
    I have been busy, trying to work up the worker's comp dealings for Jim. We are actually going to get an attendent! After 4 years! Man, the paperwork is phenominal. They demand that it be an agency PCA, but don't want an LPN that could give the insulin, so I guess I'll have to be around to do that after all.
    The summer here has been beautiful, getting lots of rain lately. All the flowers are happy. I did take Jim to S. Carolina and visited with Jackie in April-she has a really nice house and set-up for Matt. Charleston is so charming, with great food. Of course Jackie's meals were in the gourmet class! We walked along the beach and I have shells for memories.
    We are anxious to get out on the boat, got a grill for it this year that I am anxious to try out.
    I've been missin' you guys, so fire up the pipe, put on some good tunes and let us know what's happenin'...
    Thanks Martha for reviving me!

Hmmmm, the last time my hair was purple I was in high school and decided to bleach it platinum (boy does that date me!). Calling the mfg of the product is a good idea.

I did sell my house (27 days on the market hallelujah!) and if all goes as planned will close June 30. I won't believe it till I see the paperwork. Hope to be in Fl sometime the middle of the following week. I closed on the house I bought on June 1, but gave the seller till July 1 to vacate. Very mixed happy/sad feelings over the sale here but life goes on I guess.

Hey guys...good to hear from you, Martha! What a time you've been through, and are going through. I'm glad the house is sold. Do you have any leads on a job in Florida?

Summer IS gorgeous here in the mountains. We've been very busy. Of course, trying to get Bri moved to college and signed up for classes while at the same time all hell breaks loose at the library...par for the course! She hasn't moved yet; her lease begins July 1. But we did go through orientation, and she is SO EXCITED. She cannot wait to start classes. All her Michigan courses transferred, so after fall term she will be a sophomore. She declared her major: Criminal Justice. She's only taking two classes this first semester, Speech and Intro to Law Enforcement. She wants to get settled and get used to living on her own and going to classes...then take a heavier load. I'm all for this plan. Hell, she's waited five years to do this, what's one more semester?

My VISTA term is winding down; I'm done Aug. 23. The library hasn't been able to bring me on full time yet due to budget constraints. If it's meant to be, it'll work out. We're implementing a new circulation system with roughly 65 other libraries...ugh. Talk about a mess! I think I said I enjoy a challenge...but I'm rethinking that!

My puppies are just over a year old, and total sweeties. I had to take Heidi to the vet to get a puncture wound sewn up; they race around like demon hounds and pay no attention to where they're going, or what they might collide with!! I guess it's just like having kids; all the scrapes and cuts and bruises happen when they're young. (Well, MOST of the scrapes and cuts and bruises....)

How's everyone else doing? And PURPLE??? Sorry, I had to laugh!! Mine was green once...

Vicky

Hello my friends, we must be on the same schedule. I was determined to post here tonight and there you all are. I was going to suggest that perhaps our lives have reached a stage where we have naturally moved on. Remember when none of us were working and taking care of significant others full time? It wasn't that long ago. Now I think we are all working and crazy busy.

Hubby is doing well, he opened a satelite office less than a mile from our home which he has enjoyed. Our son is working for the family business on jobsites as a helper installing furnaces and air conditioners. He says he likes working with his hands (they are so torn up from cutting sheet metal it concerns me) and feels he is learning alot. He prefers it to last years golf course job working for tips and catering to country club types.

Our daughter has returned to the title company (where I now work) as administrative assistant, so we see quite a bit of each other. Both children will be at Indiana University next year and hope to take a couple classes together. They are pretty close and seem really happy as they look forward to the upcoming school year. We too have orientation in a couple weeks. We really have progressed...three years ago I went alone with our daughter, this time hubby plans to go. Our son plans to do ROTC and pledge a fraternity, hope he can keep his grades up. He was admitted to the honors business program (both children are finance majors, funny huh?)

We almost lost Kobe about 6 weeks ago, our maltese/poodle. He had a series of grand mal seizures the first of which resulted in my son rushing him to the ER. His body temperature was 110 when he arrived, and by all accounts he should be dead or seriously impaired. He has survived and seems the same as always which is to say the same pain in the neck. His first seizure was 5 years ago at age 2. It seems adjusting his meds has made a difference.

You might be interested to know we have switched physical therapists in recent months, mainly because of our move and his other therapist switched locations. Interesting to us was the impact this has made for my husband. His new therapist has focused more on exercises and this has resulted in even more return of function in his legs and balance. He is greatly encouraged and we are shocked at how much more return he is experiencing and the improvement in his spasticity. He still swims regularly as he feels so much better.

I must say good night, working full time is still a challenge and the A.M. wake up calls begin at 6:00. Ugh! I miss you all and think of you often, hoping life is calmer and that you are thriving and all are happy! I would still love to plan a road trip,,, dare we resurrect the Nashville meeting?

LOL, I was thinking of posting too the last few days, just didn't have the time!

I think - I have really regained my life back; not always worrying/wondering over Matt, Chris and I actually got to go away for two days by ourselves, thanks to the great aide we have now. Of course, the 'getaway' was aikido camp, hard workouts in 104 degree weather (!), but a real sort of spiritual renewal for me. It was great.

Charleston summer is in full swing - hot, humid, thundershowers, the every day forecast. Although we really haven't had much rain - I've been spending about two hours a day just watering everything I planted - I'm threatening to rip it all up and plant cactus!!

So glad to hear all of my sisters (and brother - Russ????) are doing well. Love you all.

Jackie

Marmalady, we have been to Charleston in June, very hot and muggy. I took our children into town and to Magnolia Gardens to see the gorgeous flowers and the swamp trail. I can still see it and smell it. Ahhh memories! I think we are all doing so much better that maybe we don't really need each other, but we might!

Sorry, I think my post came out wrong. I hope no one took it the wrong way.

[This message was edited by martha on 06-26-04 at 09:31 PM.]

Yes well ..... so good to hear you are all still "Somewhere Out There" along with me ! This has been a busy busy time for us with dance recitals, Julie graduating from High School and Bill's coming home in May. But it's all settling out now and if the weather would just co-operate and WARM Up ... life would be good!

Something sort of interesting .... Kat and I were doing some serious shopping the other day and it was one of those shopping trips where everything just sort of clicked .... you know the kind I mean ??? .... we just kept finding everything we were looking for without hardly any effort (and costing us a fortune ) it was so awesome .... Then I go and say to Kat - as we sipped on smoothies (I had a Wheat Grass shot ...very interesting) "Do you ever feel like when everything is just going so right - that you're waiting for the other shoe to drop ... like ...when is something bad going to happen - because you know it almost always does " ! We both knew what I meant and I hated the thought had entered my mind when we were having such a lovely time together and that I went and said it out loud ..... We were sort of pensive and sad for a moment of two and then made a very conscience decision to just move on - so I suppose we haven't allowed that thinking to completely take over our thoughts... sure made me sad for a moment or two though because it was feeling so darn good to feel so darn good for those few hours ...... .... do you know what I mean!!!

I do love summer but we haven't had much actual "summer weather" yet so send some of that hot humid stuff up to Canada Jackie - I'll take it .... I look froward to sweat after enduring the miserable prairie winter ...... awwwww Life ..... where's that pipe at !!

Obieone

[This message was edited by Obieone on 06-26-04 at 04:23 PM.]