Page 71 of 137 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate's On Line Journal

Hi, Obi - Money sucks, doesn't it? Or I should say, needing money sucks! Doncha sometimes wish we could all have farms or whatever, make what we like, and barter out for what we need?

Have you thought of working at home? Used to be this was a pretty specific field (ie, I do medical transription at home), but the field has broadened tremendously in the last few years. I just did a google search for 'jobs at home', and came up with tons of info. Just be careful you don't get stuck with one of the 'envelope-stuffing' outfits, tho!

Whoever mentioned getting together, I would absolutely love to try it again - anyone have dates, places, etc. in mind?

Everyone has gone quiet again! What's happening out there? Obi, I hope things are looking a little brighter.

I'm taking a short coffee/smoke break but I'm covered head to toe (literally) in paint. I'm the world's messiest painter. They're finally coming today to put down new carpet so i can get this place on the market, but I'm not through painting yet. They'll just have to start at the other end of the house and wait for me!

Finally found a house in FL and we're closing June 1. I won't move till July 1 because the current seller needed some extra time to work on the place he's buying. And I figured he deserved it since he has his hands full as a single father of twin 3 yr old daughters who are both autistic. I can't imagine how hard that must be.

Now the excitement and terror actually are setting in. HOpe I'm doing the right thing! But I will have two guest bedrooms if anyone wants to come visit! It's about an hour northwest of Orlando.

WWWHHHHTTTT...okay, I'm passin' the pipe. Have had a great day, 2 of Jim's friends from his hometown in Wisconsin are staying the weekend. Shootin' the shit, championship jungle croquet, frisbe golf on our 2 acres, drinkin' beer, wine and going down the memory trail. Barbequed, talked, gossiped and laughed til we hurt. Watched concerts by Eric Clapton (dibs), The Eagles and the tribute concert to George Harrison. While putting Jim to bed he grabbed my hand and said What a great ****ing day, oh, the power of love! To say nothing of being surrounded by 4 gorgeous men who have stayed constant with Jim these past 4 years. Saw my first firefly of the season while we sat on the porch tonite. Mint Juleps during the Kentucky Derby and I almost beat the "boys" at Hearts game. Such a joy today......

Wow LilSister,

That sounds like an amazing time. How nice to have good friends like that come over. Oh, and the Concert for George is amazing, isnt it? I was reluctant to see it, but was so impressed.

Im thrilled because I am going to spend some time with my boyfriend. I havent seen him in a while and I miss him so much. Thats about all the news I have. I havent started work yet, so no fun stuff to report.

Talk to you guys when I get back.

Scarlett

Lilsister ........ sounds like one of those perfect moments .... sometimes we forget they are possible amidst the struggle - I'm really glad for you. I've never had a mint julep I'd love to try one sometime ! Eric Clapton is one of my heros and - well - I always felt George Harrison was under appreciated so I'm glad they did the tribute show ... I watched too, it was awesome .......

I have been very busy with Kat(16 ) and LJ's(10 ) birthday celebrations, still running back and forth to the hospital to see Bill, and Julie our oldest daughter is graduating this June. She has her dance recital coming up so a little more stress for her all around !!

It does look like Bill will be coming home this week and we all are excited - tempered by aprehension ! His belly wound is not yet completely healed but does look really good, getting smaller and filling in finally and the flaps he had done appear well healed! Its hard not to be guarded and a wee bit paranoid about things not staying that way but we've done it before so I guess we'll get through it again !! Financially we're coasting Martha but once Bill gets home we can tackle some of this together and make some decisions finally ..... thanks for the concern!

I'm really glad you are still part of the family here Martha I enjoy keeping up with your life plus we need a little wakeup from time to time. Good luck with everything ..... never been to Florida you know ... might have to take you up on the invite

Gotta run .... had to pass on the pipe I'm afraid I hab a stuffy dose - make up for it next time !

Take care all
    Obieone

Obie and Scarlet, thanks, it was such a belly laugh this past weekend. Jim is only 18 mo. older than me, so having gone to a small town high school we have many friends in common. I used to go out with one of the guys that was here this last weeekend. The "boys", from this small town in Wisconsin come down in rotation, even dubbed us the Zeigel B&B! Since we have 2 extra bedrooms, and they all pitch in, it is a joy to have them. I know that my husband, Alan looks forward to it too. Male bonding? Excuse to watch sports?
    Obie, I was wondering if maybe your older daughter could help with turning once a night to help you out? She might see it as a great way to help, earn extra privledges and it could be added to a resume. Just a thought, to get you sleep-seems younger ones can get back to sleep easier.
    It sounds like you have a busy time ahead of you, between the girls and Bill coming home. But one thing I've always noticed, the more irons in the fire-the more I get done. Or at least figure out what REALLY needs to be done! Congratulations on graduations, recitals, homecomings, a good way to fill up these beautiful spring days. Take some Vitamin C girl, I can't be taking all the "hits"!

Thanks!

Obie

Obie, so glad Bill is improving enough to come home. But I also understand your apprehensions and fears as well as your joy looking forward to having him home. All will work out well. I'm sure of it!

They put the "For Sale" sign in the front yard last night. What a weird feeling since I've lived here longer than any place except when I was at home with my parents. We've been here 16 years. I'm looking forward to my "new" life and so so sad to say goodbye to the old one. Julian's brother came down yesterday -- first time I've seen him since Julian died in December. I haven't stopped crying since he left. Right now I am so damned mad at Julian for dying. In 32 years together there were wonderful times and bad times. It's not that I've forgotten the bad times -- it's just that they are so unimportant now. I hate this so much.

Grieving is a process Martha .... I believe you will be okay because I have an inkling what you've been through - and if you've survived that - you can survive this .....yes? .... I actually think it begins when they are injured ! But I'm sorry you're hurting ... Bill and I have been married 27 years and we've been together 30+ years ... I miss my old Bill alot - I've just adapted to the new Bill ! Stay strong woman!!

I love Julian's name so much... it's so ....noble sounding! Good luck with this new life!!

Obieone

Debra ....my colds almost gone !!

Martha, you sure deserve a good cry. I expect you will give it your all! No worries dear, your body simply won't let you cry forever, just for a little while. I wouldn't worry much about moving on emotionally or getting over it(my least favorite of all the reasurances I typically hear) cause you will eventually make missing Julian and mourning your loss a part of your life. It is the very sad, empty part, but there it is, now another facet of who you are. It is best not to fear those moments of sadness cause they are intertwined with your memories of your husband which are so precious.

For Sale signs in the front yard are always tough and at this stage in your life even more so. It is a constant reminder of all the changes you are encountering. I am amazed at the number of huge decisions and choices you are making at this time. Here is a cyber hug for you and Obieone, I wish it could be a real one.

Obieone, you are such a caring and kind person. I think of you and your family often and wish that all you trials would come to a speedy end with full recovery.