Page 36 of 137 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate's On Line Journal

By the way I have most of Shirley Mcleans books! I think she is an intriguing person and I admire her intestinal fortitude. ( And her bod! for a mature(?) woman)

Betheny your are so neat! I didn't think of fantasy (I'm so hung up on reality lately) maybe Haley Berry(sp?) suits me better now that I think of it!!!

I do believe we are all back! Hooray!!!!! and... Three cheers for bile in a bag! I just love Bette, but could you possibly be Carly Simon? Obeione, your children's names are especially lovely.

Martha, Shirley Mc. is an absolute hoot! she and you should not worry about image, you don't have to as the world bows at your feet.

Marmalady, running with the bulls? sh.......t, I would die a thousand deaths. Are you finding everything? I still have boxes not opened after a year. What part of the country does your bull running son live in?

Krajaxa when it comes to driving my husband still shudders about the 9 months spent relying upon my chauffering skills. He was absolutely not permitted to criticize, as he was totally at my mercy. Getting his license was a bit dicey and we ran into Catch 22 in a big way. I posted our experience with this ages ago, but will be glad to help any way I can when the time comes.

Betheny we can always dream.

SCI MOm, Meg and Julia all in one family? Too hot to handle!

Seafood fest was great fun... we were at a poolside party with amazing weather for July, cool and breazy. Just the usual hastles when you go to someones house, no accessible bathroom and countless steps to navigate, but we've been lucky so far... always, wonderful, generous souls wanting to help, just need to know how. Night all! kath

Ok, I give. Shirley MacLaine it is. Even though she is about 90 years old, I'd still kill for her legs. And I figure my character is going to executed early in the movie for killing her husband anyway.

I think Dogger should be played by Dennis Miller -- the only person whose intellect and sharp wit I can think of that match Dogger's. And to think, Dennis has a team of writers and Dogger flies solo.

KDK, My bull running son lives here in Charleston, so I have both my chickies with me! It'll be fun - as he and I are the only carnivores in the family, at last I'll have someone to grill a steak with! And he loves to cook almost as much as I do!

Our poor animals are thoroughly confused, and trying to establish their new turf - Gus, our rottie mix, has perfect vantage points to guard his 'kingdom' as the two front windows go all the way to the ground - so of course he's barking at everything that goes down the street! Puff, our remaining 17 year old kittie, walked around the house meowing for about 3 days, and then finally settled in; and Buddy, the sheltie, doesn't care where he is as long as we're all together!

Obi, I'm sorry about Marmalade - and no need to apologize for the name similarities! It's hard to lose our furry family members; is there room in your hearts for a new member? We lost two kitties in one year, this past year; I would love to have another, but hubbie just isn't ready yet.

Hubbie left for aikido camp about an hour ago, and I'm exhausted already! Just me and Matt for the week, with loads of boxes and of course the contractors, who I think are moving in! ARRGGGHHHH. I've already told him I'm not paying any more labor costs, as he wastes more time than he works; hubbie and I have come to the conclusion that he's got a bad case of adult ADD! He does good work, but the focus factor is totally out the window!

Have a great day, all - it's good to hear from everyone!

Cheesecake~

I told Brianna about your idea of Julia Roberts/Meg Ryan. She read the description of "me": giddy, fun, etc. and said, "OMG, she's right on with you!" LOL...now, whether she said that so she could be "right on" as Julia Roberts, I don't know....but Julia IS her favorite actress, next to Sandra Bullock.

Meg would have to dye her hair dark brown and wear green contact lenses....

Betheny...you go, girl!! Martha...glad you've accepted Shirley; she's amazing!

JimmyMack...look what you've started!! It's great to hear from everyone!

Goodness, Harrison Ford .. I'm flatttered! Kate's right, I do look a bit more like Eric Clapton .. wish I could play my harmonicas as well as he plays his guitar, though

We're about to head out to Lake Coeur d'Alene in Idaho to a camp with our church for the coming week. Only fly in the ointment is that I woke up this morning with a fever of 101.5 .. most likely the flu. Yuuuck! I'm sure hoping to be better in the morning so we can leave as scheduled.

- Bruce

Eric Clapton and Susan S.... Kate, now there's a combo. Hope you have an enjoyable trip.

A Breakthrough!

A few weeks ago I was really sick, 101-103 fever for several days (great hallucinations or dreams whichever they were), lower temp but still fever for another 3-4 days, only got out of bed to go to the bathroom for a week. I NEVER allow myself to get sick and I NEVER stay in bed. So this took both of us by surprise. At one point something happened and I just couldn't get up to help him, so spent the afternoon bawling about what we're supposed to do when we get old and can't take care of ourselves. Real "high fever" pity party going one there. Well, it must have hit home with him because today we had a major breakthrough!

This afternoon he asked me to come down and watch him (in case he got into trouble) because for the first time he wanted to get into the suburban, take his chair apart and get it into the car, then get it out and get back into it! I have to admit it was hard to watch and not jump in to help, but as slow and painful as it was, he did it!!!!! This gives me a lot more confidence about what he could do if necessary.

:-)

Martha, that is wonderful! Maybe you should try the helpless female role for awhile. Could it take awhile to get your strength back? hmmmm?

Not good you had to get sick though... hope you feel better soon, no need to show it just yet.

Thanks Kathy but that was 3 weeks ago -- I've been up and going strong for a couple of weeks now. Never did learn how to do that "helpless female" thing. Wish I had -- it would have been fun to have been taken care of.

But I'm thrilled that he did this and did it on his own initiative for a change!