Page 32 of 137 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate's On Line Journal

Martha~It's so good to hear from you again! Look, I don't think this was ever intended to be a "feel good" journal, was it? If so, I guess I owe some people a few apologies... Seriously, though...you've listened and supported us through the good stuff and the bad. You could let us do the same. Besides, I don't think it's healthy to keep all that inside...vent, woman, VENT!!

Kate~Your writing adventure sounds FANTASTIC!! What a wonderful opportunity! I don't remember the details about your book...is it a novel? I think (yeah, here's unsolicited advice, but what are ya gonna do??) you should begin with the part of the noble writer being offered this wonderful chance to write in peace...with meals!

Kath~What changes in your life! That mixture of fear and pride is such an uncomfortable feeling, isn't it? I think all moms go through that at some time or another.

I've started digging into my new job, and I'm loving it! Puppy training is exhausting, but fun...we're working on breaking her habit of biting our feet! Wish me luck...

Vicky

In the bad old days

long, long ago, when I was still being a clueless twenty-something attaching herself randomly to guys who looked like they needed help, I used to stop communicating with my friends whenever I was in a bad place. Like, my boyfriend just got another DUI, and I got fired from my waitress job for not wearing nylons (I'm not making this up!) . . . when stuff like that was happening, I would NOT call anybody who knew and respected me. Then, after I dumped the guy and found a different job, I'd suddenly feel like being in touch again.

Once, one friend said something like, "Well, I knew you must be having trouble, because you always keep quiet then. Don't you get that it would be nice to be able to help YOU sometime, even if it's just by listening?" I did get it, but I still felt like I had to keep my mouth shut rather than complain.

The point is, Martha, I kind of feel that way about you right now. I think about you when you're quiet, and if it helps to know that, good.

k

Thanks all. I do appreciate the nice thoughts. And Kate, you're absolutely right. When I get this way, I tuck my tail between my legs, slink off and hide under that rock.

Complain Away! We've all been there and some of us are still there. It stinks, yeah! It sucks! it's plain ole awful! umhum.

For Martha (from the Beatles):

Martha my dear though I spend my days in conversation
    Please
    Remember me Martha my love
    Don't forget me Martha my dear

Hold your head up you silly girl look what you've done
    When you find yourself in the thick of it
    Help yourself to a bit of what is all around you
    Silly Girl.

Take a good look around you
    Take a good look you're bound to see
    That you and me were meant to be for each other
    Silly girl.

Hold your hand out you silly girl see what you've done
    When you find yourself in the thick of it
    Help yourself to a bit of what is all around you
    Silly girl.

Martha my dear you have always been my inspiration
    Please
    Be good to me Martha my love
    Don't forget me Martha my dear

Jackie

ROFLMAO!

Thanks!

martha

Thank you my dear friends! I have really been struggling with my son's announcement. We obviously have a ways to go. I am pleased he is thinking of his future and trying to plan a successful course. I am trying to learn as much as possible in my "free time".

My husband did not serve in Vietnam, but his number was next to be called up. I wrote to soldiers serving in Vietnam when I was in grade school and watched college students spit on those doing drills in ROTC while at University. My Dad signed up with the Coast Guard during World War II, and my husband's Dad was a Marine pilot in the same war. Can you believe we attended one of his reunions in San Francisco while on our honeymoon? From Grandpas' perspective the military was an incredible time in their lives. Jeez! it's just not my perspective. I'll keep chippin' away at my objections. No one knows better than us that bad things happen when you aren't even doing anything wrong or dangerous. It just doesn't pay to borrow trouble and placing yourself in dangerous situations will do just that.

Now that my day starts so early I am trying to get to bed at a reasonable time; moreover, I only get to check in once a day. It's all a'changin.

Kate, your next book needs to be our internet journal entry format we talked about, so I hope you are already promising PART II. Maybe your sponsor could put up the Caregivers reunion somewhere while we hash it out. HMMM?

Ahem.

Part II is going to be about what it's like to get your life back, AFTER the cure.

BUT, I still think there's a market for our rantings, ravings, and ramblings, if they're properly organized and edited. I'm STRUGGLING right now with writing a book proposal, under the guidance of my esteemed colleagues who have successfully done this before. Every hour I spend trying to think of how to SELL my particular version of our experience is grueling. Like, I have to nail my thighs to the chair to make myself sit at the computer and get it done. The thing is, the book itself is good. Shouldn't that be enough??? In an perfect world, yes.

I know I swore never again, but......

For those that listened to me bitch and moan about the foster dogs last winter and me swearing no more...............

I found this little girl on the side of the highway beside her mother who had been run over. No way could I leave her there. At first it was going to be a foster, but I think I might have to keep her. Those Yoda ears just make me laugh everytime I look at her! Two dogs, three dogs, what's the difference! I have NO idea what kind of mix she might be. Has a purple tongue like a chow. Any ideas?

Martha - you seem to know about doggies! So I'm asking you - how do you keep a pup from nipping when she's excited . . . "no" with a stern look doesn't seem to work most of the time -its like a love bite not an actual bite but I want to break her of the habit before its too late. Shady's a sheperd/rotweiler cross , very lovable and smart! But I don't want a dog that bites or nips for any reason!

Thought I'd let you all know Bill underwent over 8 hours of surgery to repair an ulcer, a hole in the duodenum, a hernia and the clean up and removal of a ruptured gall bladder . When that was all done he had to a have an ilesotomy(sp?) because of some damage done to the small intestine in the process! No wonder he had an increase in back pain this winter! Hind sight is 20/20!! Missed some signs I'm afraid!

I'm home alone tonight which almost never happens! I don't even know how to act! But I'm determined to enjoy my glass(es) of wine and eat my pizza as guilt free as possible!

Take care all!